2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    And another pulverization today -- 1 2/3 IP, 7 H, 3 BB, 8 ER. This is getting ridiculous!
    I completely justified. I dropped him the other day.

Comment

Thanks to the majority who advised me to steer clear. He has turned a contender into a pretender in my AL league.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Shield 31 ER in the last 11.1 innings. How was it possible that he had a 3.06 prior to all this? Next game is the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Shield 31 ER in the last 11.1 innings. How was it possible that he had a 3.06 prior to all this? Next game is the Red Sox.
          I was at last night game 4 runs with out an out - ouch!!!

Comment

This streak is becoming legendary:

May 31 - 2 2/3 IP, 8 H, 4 BB, 10 ER, 1 K, 2 HRA
            Jun 8 - 2 IP, 8 H, 2 BB, 7 ER, 2 K, 3 HRA
            Jun 13 - 5 IP, 9 H, 4 BB, 6 ER, 1 K, 1 HRA
            Jun 18 - 1 2/3 IP, 7 H, 3 BB, 8 ER, 2 K, 1 HRA

4-game Tot: 11 1/3 IP, 32 H, 13 BB, 31 ER, 6 K, 7 HRA, 24.62 ERA, 3.97 WHIP

They can't trot him out there vs. Boston, that would be cruel and inhumane. Methinks a DL stint is forthcoming.....

Comment

Last guy to put together 5 starts this bad was Johan Santana and he never threw a pitch again after that 5th start

Comment

The streak is already legendary. I can't recall a pitcher who collapsed this badly in all of my years in fantasy baseball. There has been no talk of him being hurt. I read today that he is the second starter in MLB history to allow at least 7 R in 5 IP or less in four straight starts. That would be MLB HISTORY.

Comment

The Pirates Jeff Locke isn't very far behind Shields with his last two starts resulting in 11 er in 4.2 ip and 7 er in 4 ip. He's scheduled to start Monday.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    The Pirates Jeff Locke isn't very far behind Shields with his last two starts resulting in 11 er in 4.2 ip and 7 er in 4 ip. He's scheduled to start Monday.
                    Glasnow is having control issues with his third pitch in AAA, but he has been unhittable. I wonder how they will weight his development vs their immediate need.

Comment

James Shields is getting thrown to the lions today, facing off against the Red Sox. The Vegas O/U is a lofty 10.5, and the Sox line is currently at a whopping -235 (meaning you wager $235 to win $100)-- which basically means they expect the Red Sox to tee off on Shields again.

Comment

He threw a gem yesterday. Only 3 ER in 5 IP. No HR. He has gone basically to one of the worst pitchers in baseball.

Comment

White Sox manager Rick Renteria acknowledged Friday that it's possible Carlos Rodon won't be ready for the first week of the season.
                          The White Sox have been saying that they were bringing Rodon along more slowly than other pitchers this spring as they prepare him for a bigger workload this season. That still appears to be the case, although it's a bit odd that they're being this deliberate. Rodon is slated to throw his first bullpen session of the spring on Friday. If he does get a late start to the season, he would figure to just miss one turn or perhaps wait until the club first needs a fifth starter.
                          Source: Daryl Van Schouwen on TwitterMar 3 - 4:49 PM

Comment

Jose Quintana

first start, he goes 5 innings and gives up 6 earned runs.

Yes, I get it. One start, blah, blah, blah. My thinking is when the market seems very hot for your PITCHER, you should probably trade him before he pitches like crap or is injured. I keep thinking of the many rumors surrounding the soon to be traded - but not traded because of injury - sonny gray...

Comment

3 starts in, Quintana is 0-3, four home runs given up, 9 walks in 17 innings (19 hits).

A few more of those type of starts and the white sox are gonna wish they did a trade in January...

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                3 starts in, Quintana is 0-3, four home runs given up, 9 walks in 17 innings (19 hits).

A few more of those type of starts and the white sox are gonna wish they did a trade in January...
                                Pretty sure they already do.

Comment

Working...
                                X