2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I'd be surprised if James Shields has any real trade value at all. He's 34, he's a one win player, he's obviously on the decline, and he's due a salary of $21 million per season through 2018. Seems to me that he has negative trade value, given all those things.
    Shields definitely has negative trade value and even eating some of his salary shouldn't net them anything close to Anderson imo. As Horns said, they have other holes to fill and can't be dealing what few good young players they have.

Comment

ChiSox sign the corpse of Justin Morneau to a 1-yr deal and DFA Mat Latos.

Comment

Shields in last 2 games 4.2 IP 17 ER 16 H 6 BB 5 HR - BRUTAL!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          ChiSox sign the corpse of Justin Morneau to a 1-yr deal and DFA Mat Latos.
          Somebody please sign Latos before Pittsburgh does. The Pirates have delayed Taillon and Glasnow long enough.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So Latos was basically replaced with by Shields. Makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              So Latos was basically replaced with by Shields. Makes perfect sense.
              I don't know if that'll improve pitching, though I think a compromised Shields is still a step up from Latos, but if you're a believer in clubhouse chemistry being an impacter in performance, it's a major step up.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Tim Anderson promoted, Jimmy Rollins DFA'd
                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Thoughts on Anderson? I have him on my AL team, and am wondering if he'd be a better play that say, Ketel Marte, Devon Travis, or Jose Ramirez. Keeping him benched for now but I imagine he'll get plenty of opportunity to stick.

Comment

here's what RW has or say:

White Sox purchased the contract of SS Tim Anderson from Triple-A Charlotte.
                    Anderson ranked as Baseball Prospectus' No. 19 overall prospect entering the 2016 season. At the time of his call-up, the 22-year-old was slashing .304/.325/.409 with four homers, 20 RBI and 11 steals over 247 at-bats for Triple-A Charlotte. He stole 49 bases for Double-A Birmingham in 2014. Run, don't walk, to pick him up in all formats. Regular starting shortstop Tyler Saladino is hitting just .247/.273/.376. He has a nice glove and will probably still see his fair share of at-bats, but the White Sox are not calling Anderson up to sit idly on the bench. Veteran shortstop Jimmy Rollins was designated for assignment following the move.
                    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                    UTIL- Benintendi
                    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                    IL: Buxton

Comment

Another have a comp player that can give us a decent idea of what to expect?

Comment

Anderson started really slowly in AAA this year, so he must have been red-hot to get his line up to .304/.325/.409

In all likelihood, his value in 2016 is going to be whether he's getting SBs. He's always had a good BABIP, but has zero patience. And his K/PA (about 1/5) is not good for somebody with no power (about .100 IsoPower in AA/AAA, and that's padded by a high rate of triples.)
                        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                          Anderson started really slowly in AAA this year, so he must have been red-hot to get his line up to .304/.325/.409

In all likelihood, his value in 2016 is going to be whether he's getting SBs. He's always had a good BABIP, but has zero patience. And his K/PA (about 1/5) is not good for somebody with no power (about .100 IsoPower in AA/AAA, and that's padded by a high rate of triples.)
                          He also didn't have many SB until he heated up. Personally I would expect some struggles out of the gate, but am very optimistic for 2017 and beyond. He's a guy I would target for keeper leagues.

Comment

Is Shields really this bad? Another 6 ER and not out of the 3rd yet. Luckily I didn't start him and left him on my bench but right now he is total nightmare. I mean Pelfrey might be a better choice.

Comment

Is Shields really this bad? Another 6 ER and not out of the 3rd yet. Luckily I didn't start him and left him on my bench but right now he is total nightmare. I mean Pelfrey might be a better choice.
                              I foolishly started him after he burnt me so bad last week. It will be a long time after this for me to trust him again.

Comment

And another pulverization today -- 1 2/3 IP, 7 H, 3 BB, 8 ER. This is getting ridiculous!

Comment

Working...
                                X