No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Sox place Liam Hendriks on the 15-day IL with right elbow inflammation.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lynn Ks 16, picks up a QS as well as a loss!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• What's going on with Tim Anderson? .241/.279/.282 line, 0 HRs. Good buy low candidate, or stay away?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          What's going on with Tim Anderson? .241/.279/.282 line, 0 HRs. Good buy low candidate, or stay away?
          I see little or no value in him this year.

Low BA or OBP depending on your league no hrs. projected 15 low runs scored and worse rbi. In our league to make it even sadder is he went for 31 in this years auction. So if you have a salary cap he could prevent you from taking on larger X contracts.

The only value that I see is if you have a salary floor and need his salary to trade other large salaries away and stay above the floor cap.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Lynn Ks 16, picks up a QS as well as a loss!
            Lance Lynn with 7 shutout innings and 11 K's yesterday. Is he back? Or will the Jekyll and Hyde show continue?

Somebody dropped him in my league and I couldn't resist picking him up.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

Lance Lynn with 7 shutout innings and 11 K's yesterday. Is he back? Or will the Jekyll and Hyde show continue?

Somebody dropped him in my league and I couldn't resist picking him up.
              I was at that game. He was dominant! He has upside and could turn it around in the second half. If they sell he may regress in August/September.

Comment

I was at that game. He was dominant! He has upside and could turn it around in the second half. If they sell he may regress in August/September.
                If they sell isnt Lynn one of the guys they likely sell?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

If they sell isnt Lynn one of the guys they likely sell?
                  Good point as he's a FA at the end of the season. To the Jays, please.

Comment

Good point as he's a FA at the end of the season. To the Jays, please.
                    Supposedly everyone except for 4 players are in trade play.

Eloy, Cease, Roberts, Vaughn are the 4.

Comment

• Jake Burger made his first major-league start at second base on Tuesday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        The White Sox place Liam Hendriks on the 15-day IL with right elbow inflammation.

He's undergone TJ. See you in a year!

Comment

He's undergone TJ. See you in a year!
                          I wouldn't expect him back until 2025. And if he does make it back in late 2024, he won't be pitching in high leverage situations right away. So, zero saves in 2024.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Common theme with White Sox players this year -- what the heck has happened to Dylan Cease? 4.61 ERA, 1.41 WHIP. His BB% and K% is relatively similar to last year's breakout, but his H9 has surged to 8.8 from '22's 6.2. His BABIP is up 68 pts from last season, but more indicative may be his EV and HardH%, both of which are career lows (or highs, whatever way you want to look at it).

Comment

Common theme with White Sox players this year -- what the heck has happened to Dylan Cease? 4.61 ERA, 1.41 WHIP. His BB% and K% is relatively similar to last year's breakout, but his H9 has surged to 8.8 from '22's 6.2. His BABIP is up 68 pts from last season, but more indicative may be his EV and HardH%, both of which are career lows (or highs, whatever way you want to look at it).
                              According to Steve Stone on the Score this morning. Cease has lost confidence in his slider. Most likely not staying back which changes the feel on his finger tips. Good news it can be fixed for next year.

Comment

What's going on with Tim Anderson? .241/.279/.282 line, 0 HRs. Good buy low candidate, or stay away?
                                can't take a punch either.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X