• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    jeff samardzija, wtf?
    wtf??

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      IDK man, he's killing me though. His velo is down a bit, but it seems like he's just prone to blow up in the 1st inning or two...
      Always has been. Reminds me of Dave Bush. Worse yet Shark is pitching in a launching pad for HR this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Not looking pretty for me now, is it? Shark is going to reel off (see what I did there?) a bunch of good performances, but he'll never get back to a sub three ERA at this point...what do I owe you?
        Over the last 28 days (six starts): 45 IP, 1 HR, 2.40 ERA, 0.978 WHIP, 39 K
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Over the last 28 days (six starts): 45 IP, 1 HR, 2.40 ERA, 0.978 WHIP, 39 K
          That's what I was hoping for when I overpaid for him...he's still got an ERA of over 4 though, showing how bad he was in the beginning couple months of the season.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Jeff Samardzija, WTF?
            Omigod, I f'ing hate this guy!!!

Comment

The ChiSox signed Austin Jackson to a 1-year deal. I guess this spells the end of Avasail Garcia's full-time ABs? Or a very short leash for LaRoche?

Comment

erik johnson sent down today - this means mat latos is the #5 starter? danks and latos on the back end of a rotation - ouch.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Carlos Rodon is having a meltdown in the first inning tonight.

1/3 IP, 6 singles, 2 walks, left with bases loaded. I believe that translates to a WHIP somewhere near the national deficit for the night.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Carlos Rodon is having a meltdown in the first inning tonight.

1/3 IP, 6 singles, 2 walks, left with bases loaded. I believe that translates to a WHIP somewhere near the national deficit for the night.
                    lol try having him and koji. 9 ER in .2 innings today. 121.5 ERA and 16.5 WHIP. Looks like ill be losing pitching this week

Comment

White Sox finally DFA John Danks.

Comment

According to sources, the Padres are discussing a potential trade of right-hander James Shields with the Chicago White Sox, and it appears those talks have significant momentum. It is unclear if a deal is imminent, but one source described the discussions as having "energy" at this current stage.

The Padres are discussing a potential trade of right-hander James Shields with the Chicago White Sox, and it appears those talks have significant momentum, sources familiar with the discussions said Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                          According to sources, the Padres are discussing a potential trade of right-hander James Shields with the Chicago White Sox, and it appears those talks have significant momentum. It is unclear if a deal is imminent, but one source described the discussions as having "energy" at this current stage.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ade-white-sox/
                          Hmm, not sure how I feel about that as a Shields owner. On the one hand, it might mean more wins. On the other hand, Shields is prone to giving up homers, and that is a horrible stadium for him, not to mention moving back to the AL. But you never know--maybe he will step up with the move and it won't be so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Hmm, not sure how I feel about that as a Shields owner. On the one hand, it might mean more wins. On the other hand, Shields is prone to giving up homers, and that is a horrible stadium for him, not to mention moving back to the AL. But you never know--maybe he will step up with the move and it won't be so bad.
                            Agreed. Shields has looked pretty awful when I've seen him. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole in that ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...ade-white-sox/
                              I sure hope the Sox wouldn't be contemplating trading Tim Anderson in a Shields deal.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                                I sure hope the Sox wouldn't be contemplating trading Tim Anderson in a Shields deal.

https://twitter.com/keithlaw/status/736655287839514624
                                I can't really see that happening, Anderson is likely to take over SS sometime at the end of June from what I've heard. Can't keep trotting Rollins out there, and there's nobody else on the horizon.

Hell, with Sale, Quintana, and Rodon, it can be plug and play for the 4/5 slots. Fix the back end of the bullpen before you deal for a starter.
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X