2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    3 starts in, Quintana is 0-3, four home runs given up, 9 walks in 17 innings (19 hits).

A few more of those type of starts and the white sox are gonna wish they did a trade in January...
    People in the business know that there's nothing wrong with Quintana, all the pitch speeds are roughly the same, so there's no real sign of anything wrong. He's in a bad stretch right now, sooner or later, he'll reel off 4-5 really sound outings and all will be right with the world. The thing is, the Sox don't need to deal him, he's still young, he's certainly affordable, and he might be there when Chicago gets good again.

Now the Twins, that's another story...they've got to deal Santana while he's white hot.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      People in the business know that there's nothing wrong with Quintana, all the pitch speeds are roughly the same, so there's no real sign of anything wrong. He's in a bad stretch right now, sooner or later, he'll reel off 4-5 really sound outings and all will be right with the world. The thing is, the Sox don't need to deal him, he's still young, he's certainly affordable, and he might be there when Chicago gets good again.
      Agree, I just bought low on Quintana - sent Adam Duvall in a league where I am already way ahead in HR but struggling on the pitching side.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post

Now the Twins, that's another story...they've got to deal Santana while he's white hot.
        I thought Johan retired !

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Agree, I just bought low on Quintana - sent Adam Duvall in a league where I am already way ahead in HR but struggling on the pitching side.
          How far can you be ahead in 12 games?

sorry, couldn't help myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            How far can you be ahead in 12 games?

sorry, couldn't help myself.

~ 2x league average HRs so far and went way over my projected HR needs in the auction. Bought power b/c it was cheap and I knew I could flip it later.

Comment

Quintana...pummled again. ERA now standing at 4.61 seven days into May

- I wish I knew what the actual offers turned down were during the winter -

Comment

Hey ChiSox followers...what's your read on the bullpen situation? Jones went down, Robertson will likely be pitching somewhere else next month. Anthony Swarzak and Tommy Kahnle both have caught my eye with great numbers but I havent seen them actually pitch - just the numbers, so dont know if it is a result of situational or just plain old smoke and mirrors. Which is the better bet of these two just as a pitcher (skills-wise), and less important, which one has the best shot of rising to the closer?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  Hey ChiSox followers...what's your read on the bullpen situation? Jones went down, Robertson will likely be pitching somewhere else next month. Anthony Swarzak and Tommy Kahnle both have caught my eye with great numbers but I havent seen them actually pitch - just the numbers, so dont know if it is a result of situational or just plain old smoke and mirrors. Which is the better bet of these two just as a pitcher (skills-wise), and less important, which one has the best shot of rising to the closer?
                  I heard Kahnle is now throwing 100 so I would bet on him.

Comment

Swarzak traded to the Brewers

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Swarzak traded to the Brewers
                      Clippard blows. And no one else there is Mo Rivera, admittedly, but is Jennings a good stash? Minaya? None of them?
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• The return they got is a bit interesting. Ryan Cordell was part of the package they got from the Rangers in the Lucroy deal last year and is something of a five-tool guy. He's a bit old (25 I think) to be considered anything more than a B- prospect but if the White Sox give him a chance in CF he could surprise some people.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          The return they got is a bit interesting. Ryan Cordell was part of the package they got from the Rangers in the Lucroy deal last year and is something of a five-tool guy. He's a bit old (25 I think) to be considered anything more than a B- prospect but if the White Sox give him a chance in CF he could surprise some people.
                          Very true. He was pretty well blocked in Milwaukee - Brinson, Phillips, and Ray at a minimum were all ahead of him.

Given some of the deals for bullpen help of late, I think the Brewers got off cheap, but I could see Cordell as being a better than average fourth OF, and some upside as a starter.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Melky Cabrera to the Royals for two prospects.

Comment

• Seems like Yoan Moncada is finally getting it together in Chicago. Already 4 for 4 this afternoon, he is at 12 for 27 in his last 5 games. Has a stolen base and home run today and is up to .230 for the season with an elite walk rate.

Comment

• Yoan Moncada has whiffed in 24 of his 49 ABs so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X