No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team has confirmed both Garrett Crochet and Michael Kopech will start the season in the bullpen. After those two get done with hitters, Hendricks fastball is gonna look like a devastating changeup.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Team has confirmed both Garrett Crochet and Michael Kopech will start the season in the bullpen. After those two get done with hitters, Hendricks fastball is gonna look like a devastating changeup.
      Giolito
      Lynn
      Keuchel
      Cease
      and I guess they're giving Rodon the 5th spot to start the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Team has confirmed both Garrett Crochet and Michael Kopech will start the season in the bullpen. After those two get done with hitters, Hendricks fastball is gonna look like a devastating changeup.
        Last night I traded for a $3B Kopech. I can play him out or give him a raise at $5 per year. I am thinking I go to $8 and have him for two years. It is not uncommon for the Sox to start young talent in the bullpen and then make them starters before the season ends.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Giolito
          Lynn
          Keuchel
          Cease
          and I guess they're giving Rodon the 5th spot to start the season?
          That's my guess now. Of course, Jake Odorizzi is still out there...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Last night I traded for a $3B Kopech. I can play him out or give him a raise at $5 per year. I am thinking I go to $8 and have him for two years. It is not uncommon for the Sox to start young talent in the bullpen and then make them starters before the season ends.

Thoughts?
            The talk is that he'll transition into a SP role. Risk/my concern is the White Sox are going to fall in love with Crochet/Kopech/Bummer/Hendricks as a killer bullpen and not flip him over, especially if Rodon looks good or they sign one of the FA pitchers still out there.

Comment

Thoughts?
              Pitchers always get hurt, and Cease isn't great, so I suspect that you are correct. I would think that Kopech sneaks into the starters role before Crochet, but that's just a guess. I'd give him a 1 year extension.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Man another injury prone pitcher extension question.

Why extend? Let’s look at the likely outcomes:

1) you extend and he is great this year. But you spent $5 more on him than you needed to for this year. You get to keep him 1 more year but hinder your chances this year.
                2) he is great this year and you don’t extend. You get huge profit and use the extra $5 for better players around him.
                3) he is injured or underperforms and you extend. Disaster, you lose on all ends of this.
                4) he is injured or underperforms and you don’t extend. No loss (assuming you were keeping no matter what)

What are the odds that he is great? Is it as high as 50%. And let’s assume that you flip a coin to extend.

If so each of these is equally likely. And the extension helps you NEXT year 25% of the time (never this year). And 75% of the time your outcome is bad.

I understand this is oversimplification but hopefully it highlights the issue with extending players that are questionable to even turn a profit at the increased price.

I’ll pass on extending players like that.

Comment

Thoughts?
                  Makes my eye start twitching! Apparently I am very risk averse --- no way would I give an extension to Kopech, who A) hasn't done anything at all in the majors, and B) has obvious and serious injury concerns.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Are days on the IL a stat in this league?

Comment

• Reynaldo Lopez demoted to the alternate site, locking up rotation spots for Cease & Rodon.

Comment

• Eloy Jimenez uh oh:

Eloy Jimenez had to leave Wednesday's game versus the Athletics with an apparent arm injury after crashing into the left field wall.
                        SOURCE: James Fegan on Twitter
                        Mar 24, 2021, 4:30 PM ET

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Eloy Jimenez uh oh:

Eloy Jimenez had to leave Wednesday's game versus the Athletics with an apparent arm injury after crashing into the left field wall.
                          How is this going to affect his jersey auction at https://whitesox.auctions.mlb.com/ ? asking for a friend
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Eloy Jimenez uh oh:

Sometimes the best trades we make are the ones we don't.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                They got him out !
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X