No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nomar has cooled off but won Rookie awards for April and May so I think he's still in the lead, with Fullmer 2nd.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Clearly moving towards the inevitable:

"The Indians delivered yet another round of bad news about Brantley and his surgically repaired shoulder. The team announced he was examined for "a recurrence of right shoulder symptoms while progressing through hitting activities late last week," and president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti confirmed surgery is a possibility."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Clearly moving towards the inevitable:

"The Indians delivered yet another round of bad news about Brantley and his surgically repaired shoulder. The team announced he was examined for "a recurrence of right shoulder symptoms while progressing through hitting activities late last week," and president of baseball operations Chris Antonetti confirmed surgery is a possibility."
        And finally, the inevitable:
        Brantley needs shoulder surgery and will miss the remainder of the season.

Comment

• Brantley, Peralta, Puig and Gomez were 4/5 of my OF. Yep, I dumped early.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Another devastating injury for the Tribe as Carlos Carrasco breaks his hand today.

Comment

• So what's the story with Michael Brantley? He's playing everyday, just hit a HR, says he's feeling great -- is he going to start the year with the team, or do an extended spring training?

Comment

So what's the story with Michael Brantley? He's playing everyday, just hit a HR, says he's feeling great -- is he going to start the year with the team, or do an extended spring training?
                I am here at spring training and he sure looks healthy to me if I wouldn't know any difference he looks just like one of the guys . Out on the field no special treatment - no kid gloves . One more game to see today vs the Cubs - if he is in the lineup tonight I would say full steam ahead.

Comment

• Danny Salazar demoted to the bullpen.

Comment

• Bauer gets his start shortened by rain, then gets moved up in the rotation, so he goes @COL instead of against the White Sox. I had a feeling this was going to happen, too, but I left him in my lineup anyway because nobody reported that it was a possibility.

Comment

• Sooooooo...Carlos Santana just isn't good at baseball anymore, or....?
                      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                      UTIL- Benintendi
                      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        Sooooooo...Carlos Santana just isn't good at baseball anymore, or....?
                        I keep thinking this too. But he is on pace for aroun 20 hr, 90 rbi and 90 runs. His average is horrible though.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          I keep thinking this too. But he is on pace for aroun 20 hr, 90 rbi and 90 runs. His average is horrible though.
                          i CAN'T STAND THIS BUM.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Have Bour coming off the DL and, while I can't believe it, almost three months is enough to see that Carlos Santana inexplicably sucks at baseball this year. So I'm actually thinking of dropping him for Bour. Thanks for nothing, Carlos...

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                              Have Bour coming off the DL and, while I can't believe it, almost three months is enough to see that Carlos Santana inexplicably sucks at baseball this year. So I'm actually thinking of dropping him for Bour. Thanks for nothing, Carlos...
                              The odds say that would be irrational. Who else can you drop?

Comment

The odds say that would be irrational. Who else can you drop?
                                Sadly, no one really. He's the only glaring black hole in my lineup providing help in zero categories aside from MAYBE runs, where I have a giant lead. Shit power, AVG, OBP; meh, RBI...I have Maybin and Mallex Smith but need them both for SB. And Bour plays his same spot (1B/CI) and has just crushed Carlos so far.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X