2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Quantrill w another very good outing tonite. 6.7 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 6 K and a W. His ERA now is 2.82. That would be 2nd in the league behind Robbie Ray's 2.72 if he qualified. He has just 143.7 IP and probably only 2 starts left so he wont qualify for the title. What a breakout season! Never expected anything like this from him. I got him in the first round of the reserve draft in 1 league and can keep him for the equivalent of $3. Yay!
    Congrats!

I have always been on the wrong side of Cal.

I passed on him in the reserve round this last auction.

He was picked up on 5/27 for a FAAB bid of $5. Our rules dictate that anything bid under $5 cannot be kept the following year. Good call by the owner to pay the extra buck or two.

Comment

Quantrill w another very good outing tonite. 6.7 IP, 1 ER, 7 H, 2 BB, 6 K and a W. His ERA now is 2.82. That would be 2nd in the league behind Robbie Ray's 2.72 if he qualified. He has just 143.7 IP and probably only 2 starts left so he wont qualify for the title. What a breakout season! Never expected anything like this from him. I got him in the first round of the reserve draft in 1 league and can keep him for the equivalent of $3. Yay!
      He went undrafted but I pick him up in the reserve rounds for $10. Also got Luis Garcia Hou in the reserve round. Quantrill has been a big plus for my pitching staff but will cost an extra $5 if I keep him for next year.

Comment

• I liked him but he went for $11 in my 12 team AL only keeper league. Probably a keeper now but didn't seem like good value at the time.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I liked him but he went for $11 in my 12 team AL only keeper league. Probably a keeper now but didn't seem like good value at the time.
          I wonder what the price difference will be between Plesac and Quantrill next year.

They feel the same to me, but I bet Plesac is cheaper in 2022 auctions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            I wonder what the price difference will be between Plesac and Quantrill next year.

They feel the same to me, but I bet Plesac is cheaper in 2022 auctions.
            Vey possible. One is trending up and the other down.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Cody Morris out 4-6 weeks with a muscle strain. He was a sleeper of mine before the injury. I guess he still is, but I'm not a fan of rostering hurt pitchers.

Comment

• And batting lead off today for your Cleveland Guardians is CF Myles St.......oops, sorry folks it's Bobby Bradley in CF setting the table, followed by Amed Rosario at SS..... oops make that Rosario in LF.

Tito making things interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  And batting lead off today for your Cleveland Guardians is CF Myles St.......oops, sorry folks it's Bobby Bradley in CF setting the table, followed by Amed Rosario at SS..... oops make that Rosario in LF.

Tito making things interesting.
                  Aww shyte, now they've changed it to Bradley Zimmer in CF. Bobby B would have been much more fun.

Comment

• Steven Kwan is now 8-10 with 3 BBs on the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Steven Kwan is now 8-10 with 3 BBs on the season.
                      And 1 HBP. I hear that he has wheels too.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Breaking news..... Emmanuel Clase recorded an out today with a strikout of Sal Perez.

Comment

• Lost in all this Kwan talk is that Oscar Mercado has been nails for this team so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            And 1 HBP. I hear that he has wheels too.
                            1-for-3 with 2 BBs, 2 Runs, 3 RBIs today. He definitely fills the stat sheet!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Steven Kwan is now 8-10 with 3 BBs on the season.
                              Dont know if this is true but I heard someone say today that he hasnt swung and missed yet all year. That strikes me as pretty amazing.

Comment

Dont know if this is true but I heard someone say today that he hasnt swung and missed yet all year. That strikes me as pretty amazing.
                                It doesn't strike Kwan though

Comment

Working...
                                X