2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Emmanuel Clase, the key player the Indians got in the Corey Kluber trade, suspended 80 games for PEDs. Wow did they get heisted.
    With the shortened 60 game season, Clase will get credit for completing his 80 game suspension since he will end up missing a full season's worth of games. And that is how MLB math works.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Cleveland Baseball Team is dropping the “Indians” name by the ‘22 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        The Cleveland Baseball Team is dropping the “Indians” name by the ‘22 season.
        Good. It's a stupid name.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Wow, hadnt heard any talk about this. Probably long overdue but not as overdue as the Redskins. Now, what about the Braves? And the Black Hawks?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Wow, hadnt heard any talk about this. Probably long overdue but not as overdue as the Redskins. Now, what about the Braves? And the Black Hawks?
            The Canadian Football League announced the Edmonton Eskimos are changing their name for next season as well. I'm sure the Braves and Blackhawks will be changed within a few years. Very happy to get rid of the idiotic Braves chant.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Indians SP Shane Bieber has tested positive for COVID-19.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have a chance to get Gimenez in a trade. However, he would be locked in my starting lineup unless on the major league IL. Does anyone know how long he has to stay down for possible service time manipulation and whether he is a starter thereafter with Rosario and Hernandez around?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  I have a chance to get Gimenez in a trade. However, he would be locked in my starting lineup unless on the major league IL. Does anyone know how long he has to stay down for possible service time manipulation and whether he is a starter thereafter with Rosario and Hernandez around?
                  Man, if someone is confident on this situation, I'd be surprised. I thought for a good while that a Rosario deal to Cincy was inevitable and if that happened, then I'd be much, much more confident about Gimenez being an every day player this year. But that did not happen and I'd guess it won't at this point. That could shift Rosario to CF, but I just don't know. At this point, I'd pass on that gamble. I wouldn't want to lock in a guy into my line up with an uncertain role if I could help it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I have a chance to get Gimenez in a trade. However, he would be locked in my starting lineup unless on the major league IL. Does anyone know how long he has to stay down for possible service time manipulation and whether he is a starter thereafter with Rosario and Hernandez around?
                    Super2 isn't set yet, but based on the last ten years, I'd figure between 42-61 days of service, or mid-to-late May.

I look at the Cleveland OF and figure they have to move Amed out there, but then realize that arb manipulation and saving a bit of money often comes first.

Edit to add: I'm hoping Gimenez makes the big league team, or at least hasn't been sent down by my AL-only auction date. I doubt I'll get a shot at him in our reserve draft if he's sent to the minors (I have pick 5).
                    Last edited by chancellor; 02-19-2021, 08:53 AM.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Indians SP Shane Bieber has tested positive for COVID-19.
                      He reported to the Indians spring training camp today. So, i'm assuming his positive test was more than 10 days ago.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Any Cleveland fans in here with insight into their 1B situation? Bauers is out of options and I dont see any obvious challengers for the spot (can Rosario play first lol). Are they going to stand pat or maybe add a Gyorko? Danny Santana? Maikel Franco? Braun even? Seems like a necessity.

Comment

• Naylor possibly?

Comment

• Bobby Bradley gets one last kick at it. He hit a massive HR the other day.

Comment

• Jose Ramirez and Franmil Reyes sent home from camp for breaking COVID protocols. Length of time away TBD as of around noon.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                Bobby Bradley gets one last kick at it. He hit a massive HR the other day.
                                He's the one I would guess.

Are they seriously going to play Oscar Mercado in CF?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X