No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland 911 Operator: No, ma'am, that was not a UFO.
    Caller: And just how do you know? It was a white streak across the sky!
    Cleveland 911 Operator: The Indians just put in Tomlin.
    Caller: Oh. Never mind.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• What's going on with Leonys Martin? A few days ago he went to the hospital with "intestinal distress" and last night the Indians twitter feed said to "pray for him" and players wrote his name on their caps...?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        What's going on with Leonys Martin? A few days ago he went to the hospital with "intestinal distress" and last night the Indians twitter feed said to "pray for him" and players wrote his name on their caps...?
        Leonys Martín has been out for the Indians with an undisclosed illness since Wednesday, August 8. This started to look like it might be quite a bit more serious than the usual flu-like symptoms on Friday, when manager Terry Francona gave an ominous update of Martín’s condition:
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Trevor Bauer has a stress fracture in his leg. No timetable for his return.

Comment

• You know what’s the best? When you find out you just lost Bauer because someone just offered you kyle gibson for him straight up. Aaaarrrrrrggggghhhhh

Comment

• well, we'll see how cocky was too cocky. just last week I traded expiring Kimbrel/Porcello/Bogaerts for Bauer 2B because I'm up by 19 in my AL-only and 33 saves ahead of 3rd place in that category, so Kimbrel wasn't useful, and I figured I could afford one hole in my offense and Bauer was an upgrade. Now, it's a little scary.
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                well, we'll see how cocky was too cocky. just last week I traded expiring Kimbrel/Porcello/Bogaerts for Bauer 2B because I'm up by 19 in my AL-only and 33 saves ahead of 3rd place in that category, so Kimbrel wasn't useful, and I figured I could afford one hole in my offense and Bauer was an upgrade. Now, it's a little scary.
                Phew...I think you violated one of Han Solo's best warnings: "Don't get cocky, kid".
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Heading to Boston next week to catch the Last 2 games in the 4 game Seris . 1 o'clock game Thursday - first time visit to Fenway !!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
                    Heading to Boston next week to catch the Last 2 games in the 4 game Seris . 1 o'clock game Thursday - first time visit to Fenway !!!!!
                    Nice. I remember my first time at Fenway well. If you have the chance do the tour - walking thru the teeny tunnel from the dugout was very cool.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Heading to Boston next week to catch the Last 2 games in the 4 game Seris . 1 o'clock game Thursday - first time visit to Fenway !!!!!
                      Awesome, have fun! I felt like I'd traveled back in time 100 years.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Had a blast and great seats at both games. Only bad news was the tribe lost both games.

Comment

• Ya know what’s amazing? The Indians will have four pitchers with 200+ Ks, and all four were acquired in trades as prospects.

Comment

• Anyone know why it looks like Kluber got bumped for freaking plutko for his scheduled start on Sunday?! I'm so close to the two peat and was counting on Kluber's start to help lock me up. First he got bumped to set things up for the postseason and now they are bumping him again?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Anyone know why it looks like Kluber got bumped for freaking plutko for his scheduled start on Sunday?! I'm so close to the two peat and was counting on Kluber's start to help lock me up. First he got bumped to set things up for the postseason and now they are bumping him again?!
                              The Indians probably don't want the Red Sox to get a good look at Kluber now when it's so close to the post-season and they could end up facing each other in October.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It could be a blessing in disguise for Kluber to miss that start because the Red Sox are capable of destroying a pitcher's ratios. Even Kluber's.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X