2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by harmon View Post

This is going to cost him a whole lot of money.
    You guys should realize this is not the first time he's done this. Urias served a 20-game DV suspension in 2019, and he will be the first player to ever get a second DV suspension. This should be a career-ender imo.

Comment

• Major League Baseball placed Julio Urias on administrative leave Wednesday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Why was Kershaw taken out after only 4 innings and 56 pitches?
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• It seems that Kershaw has been working through some mechanical and physical issues.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw announced Friday that he underwent left shoulder surgery to repair the gleno-humeral ligaments and his shoulder capsule.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Clayton Kershaw announced Friday that he underwent left shoulder surgery to repair the gleno-humeral ligaments and his shoulder capsule.
              Likely out until after the AS Break

Comment

• The Dodgers will likely employ a six-man starting rotation in 2024, according to Andy McCullough of The Athletic.

McCullough adds that whether the Dodgers wind up calling it a six-man rotation will depend whether they add another starting pitcher over the remainder of the offseason, noting that it will likely function as a six-man rotation regardless in terms of getting pitchers extra rest between starts. It’s a confluence of factors between Yoshinobu Yamamoto’s stateside transition to Tyler Glasnow and Walker Buehler’s injury histories and Bobby Miller’s growth and development that will likely lead to the club mixing and matching between Emmet Sheehan, Michael Grove, Gavin Stone, Landon Knack and Ryan Yarbrough to make occasional spot starts or spearhead bullpen games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Mookie Betts permanently moving to SS after Gavin Lux's continued throwing miscues. Lux takes over at 2B.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Mookie Betts permanently moving to SS after Gavin Lux's continued throwing miscues. Lux takes over at 2B.
                    The defensive woes of Gavin Lux have continued at 2B and he is now reportedly at risk of being demoted to AAA.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• According to the Los Angeles Times, Shohei Ohtani’s representatives on Wednesday accused his now-former interpreter, Ippei Mizuhara, of engaging in a “massive theft” of funds to place bets with an alleged illegal bookmaker who is the target of a federal investigation.

Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times adds that Mizuhara was fired by the Dodgers on Wednesday, according to a team spokesman. The initial Los Angeles Times report states that, according to multiple sources, the Japanese superstar’s longtime interpreter allegedly stole millions of dollars. ESPN’s Tisha Thompson adds that Mizuhara was fired after questions arose surrounding at least $4.5 million in wire transfers sent from Ohtani’s bank account to a bookmaking operation. Ohtani’s lawyers made the accusations against his now-former interpreter after their clients name surfaced in a federal investigation into an alleged illegal bookmaker, Matthew Bowyer, who Mizuhara placed bets with. There’s a lot to unpack here, but Ohtani is clearly the victim in this complicated case. The 29-year-old two-way sensation made his Dodgers debut earlier on Wednesday in South Korea, going 2-for-5 with an RBI and a stolen base in Los Angeles’ season-opening win over the division-rival Padres.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Feels a little early to say Ohtani is clearly the victim here - seems really fishy.

Comment

• Say it ain't so Sho.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Feels a little early to say Ohtani is clearly the victim here - seems really fishy.
                            Seems VERY fishy. How Ohtani's reps (and Dodger brass) allowed the interpreter to meet with ESPN without knowing what he would say was really bizarre (among all the other bizarreness going on here).

Comment

• This may not turn out well for Shohei & the Dodgers. Add this to how Yamamoto looked today and we could be witnessing the fastest flush of a billion dollars in MLB history.

(Too much of an overreaction?)
                              2021 Auction Anatomy
                              2021 Keeper Decisions
                              2020 Auction Anatomy
                              2020 Pre-Auction
                              2015 Auction Anatomy
                              2014 Auction Anatomy
                              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Major League Baseball has launched an investigation into illegal gambling allegations involving Shohei Ohtani and his former interpreter Ippei Mizuhara.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X