No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't stand Bauer and hope he never pitches again.

Why was this one so much more punitive than some others we've had lately - Ozuna, Osuna, Herrera, Sam Dyson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Can't stand Bauer and hope he never pitches again.

Why was this one so much more punitive than some others we've had lately - Ozuna, Osuna, Herrera, Sam Dyson?
      Yeah, pretty much my take. No tears shed over it, but it is curious that it is so much longer than previous cases. Does that give him a case to sue? Is this a signal that DV issues will be dealt with more severely going forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by sour masher View Post
        yeah, pretty much my take. No tears shed over it, but it is curious that it is so much longer than previous cases. Does that give him a case to sue? Is this a signal that dv issues will be dealt with more severely going forward?
        who likes bauer?!

Comment

Can't stand Bauer and hope he never pitches again.

Speculating here, but--Bauer wouldn't play ball with MLB and they could be sending a 'Don't mess with Us' message to the rest of the league, though probably not because the MLBPA had to sign off on this.

They could have information/evidence that won't bring a conviction in a criminal case, but enough to violate their DV policies.

However, my belief is--Some people see non consensual sex/rape, which is what was alleged, as a greater transgression than verbal/non sexual physical abuse. Just my guess.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I own 2 shares - one adopted, one drafted.

Is it time to cut bait? He is no longer NA so likely a dead spot rather than a stash.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Speculating here, but--Bauer wouldn't play ball with MLB and they could be sending a 'Don't mess with Us' message to the rest of the league, though probably not because the MLBPA had to sign off on this.

They could have information/evidence that won't bring a conviction in a criminal case, but enough to violate their DV policies.

However, my belief is--Some people see non consensual sex/rape, which is what was alleged, as a greater transgression than verbal/non sexual physical abuse. Just my guess.
              Check out Sam Dyson's case. Maybe the difference is that he's already suspended and likely not ever coming back, but there were rape allegations there too.

Comment

Check out Sam Dyson's case. Maybe the difference is that he's already suspended and likely not ever coming back, but there were rape allegations there too.
                I wasn't aware, thanks for the heads up.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I wasn't aware, thanks for the heads up.
                  It's likely you do *not* thank me later - if the allegations made against him are even partially true, he is a pathetic human. Reading up on him is disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I own 2 shares - one adopted, one drafted.

Is it time to cut bait? He is no longer NA so likely a dead spot rather than a stash.
                    If you can't stash him, time to say buhbye

Comment

• Walker Buehler left his Friday start after 70 pitches. Elbow discomfort.

Very bad. Good news for Mitch White owners, as he gets an extended rotation audition.
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                        Walker Buehler left his Friday start after 70 pitches. Elbow discomfort.

Very bad. Good news for Mitch White owners, as he gets an extended rotation audition.
                        Except White was sent to the minors.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                          Except White was sent to the minors.
                          White was sent to the minors to make room in the rotation for Kershaw's return.

With Buehler on the IL now, they brought White back up to take his place.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Andrew Heaney has had two impressive rehab starts and will likely return to the Dodgers starting rotation this week.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Walker Buehler won't throw for 6-to-8 weeks, so he's likely out for nearly the rest of the regular season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Walker Buehler won't throw for 6-to-8 weeks, so he's likely out for nearly the rest of the regular season.
                                You just something had to be wrong the way he had been pitching. His stats are so unlike Buehler.

Comment

Working...
                                X