2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Roberts with a couple interesting tidbits today:

- Said he's unsure about Trevor Bauer starting camp with the team, but doesn't want to shut that door completely. Yuck.
    - Said Max Muncy is doing very well in his rehab and that he expects him to be ready for Opening Day. Yay!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Kershaw back to the Dodgers on a 1-yr deal

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        kershaw back to the dodgers on a 1-yr deal
        WOOOOO!!!!!!

Edit: Vbulletin trying to stifle my all-caps excitement. Oh no you don't!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Kershaw back to the Dodgers on a 1-yr deal
          1 / $17M

Nice

Comment

• Rooting for him. He was so special in his healthy prime. I hope he can hang on and show glimpses of that for a few more years.

Comment

• Dodgers apparently close on Freddie Freeman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Rooting for him. He was so special in his healthy prime. I hope he can hang on and show glimpses of that for a few more years.
                Hot take (that no one else will agree with): Kershaw makes it to > 100 bWAR in his career

Now maybe it's the thirty seven drinks I have in me. Maybe it's my irrational love for the greatest pitcher in my lifetime. Maybe it's a total disregard for the slew of potentially serious arm and back injuries he's been enduring. But damnit, I believe.

Edit: Looking at the actual numbers, well, it's a little more dififcult than I thoutght. Still, we can surely bank on a 33 year old dude getting back to his prime any day and staying there for several years streaight, right?
                Last edited by Bene Futuis; 03-12-2022, 01:57 AM.

Comment

• So, how does the Dodgers' rotation shake out? Who makes and keeps in the starting 5?

They have Buehler, Urias, Kershaw, Bauer (assuming he pitches for them at some point), Gonsolin, Heaney, and eventually May. I like the last three as potential cheap sleepers, May not for this year but in a keeper league, but I have no idea how it plays out this year. If Bauer is not suspended long (I think he should be, but who knows), do Gonsolin and Heaney battle it out for the 5th spot once he is back? What if they are both pitching well? Who has the edge? And is there any chance May makes starts later in the year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    So, how does the Dodgers' rotation shake out? Who makes and keeps in the starting 5?

They have Buehler, Urias, Kershaw, Bauer (assuming he pitches for them at some point), Gonsolin, Heaney, and eventually May. I like the last three as potential cheap sleepers, May not for this year but in a keeper league, but I have no idea how it plays out this year. If Bauer is not suspended long (I think he should be, but who knows), do Gonsolin and Heaney battle it out for the 5th spot once he is back? What if they are both pitching well? Who has the edge? And is there any chance May makes starts later in the year?
                    I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen with Bauer yet. But to answer your question, Gonsolin and Heaney are both in the rotation with short leashes. The rotation as of now is Buehler, Urias, Kershaw, Gonsolin, and Heaney. Mitch White and Robbie Erlin will get some shots. Andre Jackson will pitch meaningful innings. Decent chance we see Ryan Pepiot this year. Maybe Clayton Beeter and maybe even Bobby Miller. Dustin May is targeting the second half but is definitely a wild card - his TJ surgery was in mid-May 2021. He is already throwing a ball but has a ways to go. A couple other castoffs like Duplantier, Carson Fulmer, and Beau Burrows might get some in-season action depending on injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      I don't think anyone knows what's going to happen with Bauer yet. But to answer your question, Gonsolin and Heaney are both in the rotation with short leashes. The rotation as of now is Buehler, Urias, Kershaw, Gonsolin, and Heaney. Mitch White and Robbie Erlin will get some shots. Andre Jackson will pitch meaningful innings. Decent chance we see Ryan Pepiot this year. Maybe Clayton Beeter and maybe even Bobby Miller. Dustin May is targeting the second half but is definitely a wild card - his TJ surgery was in mid-May 2021. He is already throwing a ball but has a ways to go. A couple other castoffs like Duplantier, Carson Fulmer, and Beau Burrows might get some in-season action depending on injuries.
                      Just read that Price has a shot at the 5th spot too, along with Mitch White and Andre Jackson challenging Gonsolin's spot. My assumption is that Gonsolin wins it, but who knows? White used to be a name on the rise, and Price is being paid $32 million this year (aka more than the entire Pirates and Orioles' rosters), so anything is possible.

Comment

• Freeman to the Dodgers 6 years 160M...to nobody's surprise

Comment

• With Freeman in the fold, it seems that this team has quite a bit less positional flexibility than in previous years. Who's the loser here?
                          Lux doesn't have a position?
                          Does Muncy lose any ABs?
                          Does Smith get many days at DH when not catching?
                          Chris Taylor looks to be very important as the swingman for so many positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                            With Freeman in the fold, it seems that this team has quite a bit less positional flexibility than in previous years. Who's the loser here?
                            Lux doesn't have a position?
                            Does Muncy lose any ABs?
                            Does Smith get many days at DH when not catching?
                            Chris Taylor looks to be very important as the swingman for so many positions.
                            Lux seems to be the loser. How many abs will he even get this year? I was hoping he would get enough abs to continue to improve towards the potential that was expected a couple of years ago. Now it doesn't look like he will even be a good target for dollar days in NL only days.

Comment

• Do they still want to spend more on Jansen? I wonder if his signing was tied in with Freeman?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                                Do they still want to spend more on Jansen? I wonder if his signing was tied in with Freeman?
                                I imagine they're very keen on getting Jansen back, since he was really good last year. I don't think they want to spend much to accomplish that so there's a good chance he'll go elsewhere. Don't think his signing would be tied to Freeman in any manner.

Comment

Working...
                                X