No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say a little better than 50/50. They're not going to give him away for nothing so Lester would definitely be coming back if it's the Red Sox even if they have to include a decent prospect.

Comment

Dodgers acquire Darwin Barney from the Cubs.

Comment

finally, the blockbuster we've waited for! not yet clear if the "cash" involved is coins or bills....
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Dodgers acquire Darwin Barney from the Cubs.
          Because they need another 2B to block Alex Guerrero.

Comment

The Dodgers really need to bite the bullet and bench both Ethier and Crawford, and either start Van Slyke full time or recall Pederson.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              the dodgers really need to bite the bullet and bench both ethier and crawford, and either start van slyke full time or recall pederson.
              Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              release joc. Release joc.

J
              j

Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Because they need another 2B to block Alex Guerrero.
                Do we have a contest for best post under 10 words?

Comment

What is/could Alex Guerrero's role going to be in 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                    What is/could Alex Guerrero's role going to be in 2015?
                    AAA 2B?

I think the Dodgers are blowing it with Guerrero. They brought him up for September and they've given him 7!?! ABs. Someone can double-check this for me, but I believe he's gotten the fewest ABs on the team since September 1. I cannot understand what they are up to with him, but I certainly don't see him breaking with the team in April 2015, at this point.

Comment

He might start next year in AAA but I'm guessing he'll at least be a utility guy by May or so. They're going to need a SS assuming they don't re-sign Hanley so it's at least somewhat possible that they put either Guerrero or Gordon there even though they don't love either's defense at SS.

Comment

Rotoworld:

Bill Plaschke of the Los Angeles Times reports that Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti "could soon lose his job" and the club's "top target" to replace him appears to be Rays GM Andrew Friedman.
                        Manager Don Mattingly's job is reportedly safe following the team's disappointing playoff exit, but momentum for the firing of Colletti appears to be building. Plaschke writes that Dodgers ownership was "disappointed with how Colletti constructed a roster that, despite costing a record $240 million, lacked the pieces to compete with the versatile Cardinals." The club is expected to drop its payroll to the $185-190-million range next season and it appears they want a different GM in charge of the retooling. Friedman is universally considered one of the best GMs in the game and would be a huge addition for the Dodgers. They can certainly afford to give him a massive raise, but it's worth noting that Friedman turned down the Angels' GM job that eventually went to Jerry Dipoto.
                        ElD would be very happy.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

re: Friedman, do GM's sign contracts? Or are they like you or me who could take another job if offered more money, turn in a few weeks notice, etc.

Comment

The Dodgers would benefit greatly from excising Colletti. The roster is expensive and explosive, but lacks in synergy and completeness. Money is not the only thing you need to build a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                              re: Friedman, do GM's sign contracts? Or are they like you or me who could take another job if offered more money, turn in a few weeks notice, etc.
                              They sign multi-year contracts. Another club would need to receive permission from the current club in order to interview them. If their contract was about to expire, they could simply let it expire and move to another club, but I don't think happens. Usually they are either fired or renewed well before the contract expires.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Rotoworld:

ElD would be very happy.
                                will Colletti finally reveal his role as a Giants doubleagent?
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X