No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, there goes the benefit of the doubt ... I'll post this tweet as a link as opposed to embedded for obvious reasons ...

Link to tweet with some details
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      well, there goes the benefit of the doubt ... I'll post this tweet as a link as opposed to embedded for obvious reasons ...

Sickening. That does not sounds like way beyond bdsm stuff, which I think is supposed to be about mutual pleasure and engagement and occur when both parties are conscious. Her accusations paint him as doing very violent things to her without her consent, including knocking her out and penetrating her anally while she was unconscious and without consent. It sounds like sexual assault, not just assault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Sickening. That does not sounds like way beyond bdsm stuff, which I think is supposed to be about mutual pleasure and engagement and occur when both parties are conscious. Her accusations paint him as doing very violent things to her without her consent, including knocking her out and penetrating her anally while she was unconscious and without consent. It sounds like sexual assault, not just assault.
        Agreed. This seems to go beyond what Bauer is suggesting and with hospital trauma reports and photos, he's fucked.

So does this end his career should he be found guilty (has he been charged?) It would seem Rape (among so many other things) is on the table as well if her accounts are accurate.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

well, there goes the benefit of the doubt ... I'll post this tweet as a link as opposed to embedded for obvious reasons ...

Oh. My. God.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Agreed. This seems to go beyond what Bauer is suggesting and with hospital trauma reports and photos, he's fucked.

So does this end his career should he be found guilty (has he been charged?) It would seem Rape (among so many other things) is on the table as well if her accounts are accurate.
            Fire up the SUV. We have work to do.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              Fire up the SUV. We have work to do.
              Bring the plastic barrel and chainsaw.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So Bauer is still scheduled to pitch on Sunday. Roberts says they were told by MLB to proceed as usual until notified by the league.

If he does pitch, I can't imagine the reaction he'll get from the Fans in Washington. It should be historic.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  So Bauer is still scheduled to pitch on Sunday. Roberts says they were told by MLB to proceed as usual until notified by the league.

If he does pitch, I can't imagine the reaction he'll get from the Fans in Washington. It should be historic.
                  Imagine if he walks out doing his Connor strut. Then again he may never see a mound again.

Comment

• they had no choice - Bauer goes on 7-day admin leave
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

they had no choice - Bauer goes on 7-day admin leave
                      Smart, it would have been a disaster to let him take the mound without some kind of investigation first.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It was Manfred that had to step in because the Dodgers were ok with letting this become a total shit show.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          It was Manfred that had to step in because the Dodgers were ok with letting this become a total shit show.
                          Uh, I don't think that's the case at all. Seems to be pretty close to the opposite of that, honestly.

Very glad that he has been put on leave. Hopefully that gets extended beyond seven days.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Uh, I don't think that's the case at all. Seems to be pretty close to the opposite of that, honestly.

Very glad that he has been put on leave. Hopefully that gets extended beyond seven days.
                            Which part are you disagreeing with? The commissioner puts players on 7 day leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Which part are you disagreeing with? The commissioner puts players on 7 day leave.
                              The whole thing? Not sure what you mean.

Comment

• To clarify my post, though, I just meant that I believe it was MLB, not the Dodgers, that was slow-playing his suspension/leave/whatever. My understanding, admittedly not a super strong one, is that MLB deals the cards when it comes to situations like this and not the individual teams. I imagine that's due to the CBA, but I'm not sure about that, either. I'm just going off of public statements made.

Comment

Working...
                                X