No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bauer is being investigated for assault. Early reporting suggests he entered into a consensual relationship/hook up with a women who likes it rough, but he may have gotten to rough, as she is accusing him of assault, claiming he inflicted "severe physical and emotional pain". Most of the time, these cases are no brainers, but given the nature of the text exchanges, I am not sure how this one will play out. I begrudgingly have a share and I'd sell now if I could, but I doubt I could.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Bauer is being investigated for assault. Early reporting suggests he entered into a consensual relationship/hook up with a women who likes it rough, but he may have gotten to rough, as she is accusing him of assault, claiming he inflicted "severe physical and emotional pain". Most of the time, these cases are no brainers, but given the nature of the text exchanges, I am not sure how this one will play out. I begrudgingly have a share and I'd sell now if I could, but I doubt I could.
      I am admittedly a Bauer apologist, but when I saw his lawyer's statement on this it made me have the opposite reaction of wanting to try and buy low. We should be in the same league That being said, if this was anything beyond what is characterized below, it is repugnant and I am 100% wrong.

Comment

• Ugh, freakin' Bauer. I figured there would be embarrassing/shameful/eye-rolling drama with this dude. I didn't figure it would come in the form of something so awfully serious. This accusation goes well beyond his regular douchebaggery.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• OK--I'm not a Dodger fan, nor a Bauer fan and I am disgusted by men who abuse women--However, This smells like a set up. If Bauer has texts from the women as he claims, where she asks for an overtly physical sexual encounter, then where's the abuse? I'm not saying it never happened, nor that it shouldn't be investigated--because it should. I'm saying that just because Bauer can be a dick, doesn't mean he is guilty of anything at this point except being a dick. And yes, there are whole segments of society who like it a little rough even those who like it a lot rough and that's wholly and ONLY their business.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Yes, Bauer is presumed to be innocent of these accusations of criminal behavior (even in France ). We'll see how this goes - all we have now is an accusation and a claim of exculpatory texts.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Yes, Bauer is presumed to be innocent of these accusations of criminal behavior (even in France ). We'll see how this goes - all we have now is an accusation and a claim of exculpatory texts.
              Especially in France.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Especially in France.
                Did we ever find the oui oui tapes?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  OK--I'm not a Dodger fan, nor a Bauer fan and I am disgusted by men who abuse women--However, This smells like a set up. If Bauer has texts from the women as he claims, where she asks for an overtly physical sexual encounter, then where's the abuse? I'm not saying it never happened, nor that it shouldn't be investigated--because it should. I'm saying that just because Bauer can be a dick, doesn't mean he is guilty of anything at this point except being a dick. And yes, there are whole segments of society who like it a little rough even those who like it a lot rough and that's wholly and ONLY their business.
                  Ok, sure, but is there a line where a consensual act becomes an assault? We are not talking about sexual assault as it seems consensual, but don't most who like it rough assume a level of restraint that does not end in them being concussed? If you and I are playing basketball, and we both agree to play "no blood, no foul" style, is there still legal culpability if you push me head first into the pole and knock me out? I do not know the answer to that, but that seems to be the legal question here. If she ended up with a concussion because he took a consensual act farther than what reasonable people would assume is acceptable, is he in legal trouble? What if he accidently killed her? Where is the law for cases like that? I'm sure it has happened.

In any event, this seems like a dangerous game for him to play, even if he makes sure to get consent in texts. You never know how someone will react after the fact, especially someone you barely know who is willing to go to level 10 with you 5 minutes after meeting you. Add in who he is and how much money he has and it is just dumb.

Comment

Ok, sure, but is there a line where a consensual act becomes an assault? We are not talking about sexual assault as it seems consensual, but don't most who like it rough assume a level of restraint that does not end in them being concussed? If you and I are playing basketball, and we both agree to play "no blood, no foul" style, is there still legal culpability if you push me head first into the pole and knock me out? I do not know the answer to that, but that seems to be the legal question here. If she ended up with a concussion because he took a consensual act farther than what reasonable people would assume is acceptable, is he in legal trouble? What if he accidently killed her? Where is the law for cases like that? I'm sure it has happened.

In any event, this seems like a dangerous game for him to play, even if he makes sure to get consent in texts. You never know how someone will react after the fact, especially someone you barely know who is willing to go to level 10 with you 5 minutes after meeting you. Add in who he is and how much money he has and it is just dumb.
                    It is no doubt not the smartest thing to do, hooking up with a stranger when you're a guy in his position. Maybe he read her tinder with one eye?

To the other question you posed. I have a dear friend who is kind of an expert in that field (BSDM/Etc) she gives lectures, seminars et al. She's go to an even and come back with all kinds of bruises and abrasions on occasion. From her perspective, it comes with the territory. I can only relate what's she's told me or shown me, but I do know the most important thing that community holds dear is consent. Safe words are commonly used to stop an encounter if it get's too rough or intense.

Right now, none of us know what occurred. We should give both Bauer and the woman a chance to prove their stories.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Add in who he is and how much money he has and it is just dumb.
                      I don't know, when I add in who he is, I just see consistency. He's always been off the wall non-conformist and you never know what's next. I actually made that argument in our NFBC rj draft, arguing against drafting him (although I never imagined an assault allegation). But who else throws the ball over the CF wall when they are pulled?

Comment

If she ended up with a concussion because he took a consensual act farther than what reasonable people would assume is acceptable, is he in legal trouble?
                        You betcha.

Comment

You betcha.
                          Good luck establishing what a Reasonable Person is and what they find acceptable in the bedroom. Especially in LA.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good luck establishing what a Reasonable Person is and what they find acceptable in the bedroom. Especially in LA.
                            Well, it's not a standard for criminal law, to my knowledge, but the "reasonable person" is a hypothetical person who approaches a given situation with the appropriate amount of caution and acts in accordance with that approach to that situation according to tort law. We don't yet know what Bauer will be charged with, or even if he will be charged at all. Usually sexual assault requires proving three elements: 1. a person touched another's private parts while the victim was restrained, 2. the touching was non-consensual, and 3. the perp did the touching for a sexual purpose. The elements of assault or battery or rape are different.

Comment

Well, it's not a standard for criminal law, to my knowledge, but the "reasonable person" is a hypothetical person who approaches a given situation with the appropriate amount of caution and acts in accordance with that approach to that situation according to tort law. We don't yet know what Bauer will be charged with, or even if he will be charged at all. Usually sexual assault requires proving three elements: 1. a person touched another's private parts while the victim was restrained, 2. the touching was non-consensual, and 3. the perp did the touching for a sexual purpose. The elements of assault or battery or rape are different.
                              You're talking about a town that acquitted a murderer because a glove didn't fit....

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good luck establishing what a Reasonable Person is.
                                A reasonable Greek person or a reasonable French person?

Comment

Working...
                                X