No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on whether Lux has more or less won the second base job? I have a tricky keeper decision coming up (15-team mixed, OBP, choice between Lux $2 and Ryu $13 (and Matt Manning $2, but he's more or less eliminated in my mind)).

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Any news on whether Lux has more or less won the second base job? I have a tricky keeper decision coming up (15-team mixed, OBP, choice between Lux $2 and Ryu $13 (and Matt Manning $2, but he's more or less eliminated in my mind)).
      It was always his job to lose and since he's hitting something like .390 I'd wager he has not lost it. Not sure about his fielding, though, which was a problem last year.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lux went for 24 in our NL 5x5 12 teamer.

Comment

• David Price and Tony Gonsolin are officially named long relievers...Dustin May will be the Dodgers fifth starter!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            David Price and Tony Gonsolin are officially named long relievers...Dustin May will be the Dodgers fifth starter!
            This is the right move by the Dodgers.

Price's price continues to fall.

Comment

• I still suspect Price will get 15 or so starts this year due to innings management of May, Urias and Buehler. And that assumes no injuries to Kershaw.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                David Price and Tony Gonsolin are officially named long relievers...Dustin May will be the Dodgers fifth starter!
                Much dancing and celebration!
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I'm honestly not concerned with anyone not making a rotation this year. I'm more encouraged with it for Price because he could see his fantasy value rise with working bulk after someone has gone the first two times through. I can't imagine the Dodgers are going to let Urias eat a full workload this year and May is a 2x thru the lineup guy who doesn't get enough strikeouts despite the life on his pitches.

That said, Price or Gonsolin could front a third of the rotations in baseball. Dodgers have an embarrassing amount of riches.

Comment

• Should be a good chance that May increases his k/9 to his minor league levels which were almost right at 9.0.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      Should be a good chance that May increases his k/9 to his minor league levels which were almost right at 9.0.
                      I'm intrigued. What would make his K/9 go up in this role? It tends to go down the more innings you are expecting to put in, so this would be the opposite of what I expect.

Also his K/9 was pretty close to 8 at most stops in the minors with a couple exceptions.

But I'm interested if true.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Should be a good chance that May increases his k/9 to his minor league levels which were almost right at 9.0.
                        He would have to change his pitch mixture. Sinkers 50% of the time with a low teens whiff rate isn't going to lead to a surge in strikeouts

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          I'm intrigued. What would make his K/9 go up in this role? It tends to go down the more innings you are expecting to put in, so this would be the opposite of what I expect.

Also his K/9 was pretty close to 8 at most stops in the minors with a couple exceptions.

But I'm interested if true.
                          He had 394 k in 403 innings overall with more than 9.0 in 2019.

I wasn't thinking of the role having an impact on k's, but more the maturation process and looking very good this spring also.

Maybe it's a fallacy but don't a majority of MLB players tend to gravitate towards their MILB numbers over time? In that context he was exclusively a starter in the minors and that may be his comfort zone. He airs it out over 100 frequently when starting, so he's not a one inning let her rip type.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            He would have to change his pitch mixture. Sinkers 50% of the time with a low teens whiff rate isn't going to lead to a surge in strikeouts
                            I thought I heard he was using the 4-seam more during ST. Maybe its what I wanted to hear....

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                              I thought I heard he was using the 4-seam more during ST. Maybe its what I wanted to hear....
                              Saw the same thing. Jason's right, IMO - it'll come down to pitch mix he gets called. In theory, I'd guess, the debate would be his nasty sinker generates a high GB rate and keeps his pitch efficiency high versus a greater use of the 4-seam, which could simply overpower many hitters but may end up requiring more pitches/inning.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                                It seemed like the Dodgers were really pushing their relievers to keep the ball down last year. If he's in the rotation I can see May being encouraged/allowed to work more up in the zone.

Comment

Working...
                                X