No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just seen on Twitter: "I'm hearing the Rockies are throwing in $20M of Bauer's 2021 salary." Haha!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Your team just gave Bauer 200k an inning for the next two years...
      Padres still match up pretty well for 100 million less--So far Off season isn't over :P
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Your team just gave Bauer 200k an inning for the next two years...
        Dodgers are pretty stingy with the innings, so it's probably even more than $200k/inning for Bauer.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I think that they have their future close in Grateol, for less than a million per year...I can't see them chasing Hader.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I think that they have their future close in Grateol, for less than a million per year...I can't see them chasing Hader.
            Not sure "future" matters at this point, they look all in.

Comment

• Dodgers still rumored to be going hard after Marcell Ozuna, which is very surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Dodgers still rumored to be going hard after Marcell Ozuna, which is very surprising.
                I find it more surprising that Tampa is supposed to be involved.

Comment

• And, yeah, no, neither.

Comment

• Dave Roberts said David Price is willing to fill "whatever role is best for the Dodgers in 2021." So.....what the hell is that supposed to mean? Is David Price not going to be part of the starting five?

Comment

• Means Urias's ADP is going up (9 up, 9 down today on top of this news). But I still think Price pitches a lot of innings. Dodgers need to keep Gonsolin & May stretched out as well but have said they don't want to go to a 6-man rotation. Perhaps they like the idea of Price as a high leverage guy to build him back up off a missed 2020 but could also just be ST noise.

But one thing is for sure. If you don't already own Urias the price just went up.

Comment

• Gonsolin and May's prices just went much higher than Urias if Price is really going to the pen. I think Urias was always assumed to be in the rotation. But the spec on which one of Gonsolin or May benefits remains.

Comment

• May has been going several rounds ahead of Gonsolin already so until we hear more then yes, I'd say Gonsolin probably closes that gap with May. But again, could all just be ST noise but compliment Price to be the team player here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                            May has been going several rounds ahead of Gonsolin already so until we hear more then yes, I'd say Gonsolin probably closes that gap with May. But again, could all just be ST noise but compliment Price to be the team player here.
                            And maybe Price knows he can't go enough innings to be a full time starter?

Comment

• No way Urias was ever going to pitch lots of innings with that shoulder of his. This Price stuff came out of left field, though. Probably just ST yapping and much ado about nothing, but hard to say. I kind of assumed Price would be a workhorse out there but now I'm wondering if they're all going to get 130-150 IP at the end of that rotation.

Comment

• I know the Brewers are looking at stacking some SPs - like Burnes with Peralta potentially, and Adrian Houser with Suter. It's not decided yet, but maybe that'll be what the Dodgers do with Price and Urias, at least early in the season. Have Price go 3-5 innings, and Urias 3-4 innings.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X