No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Dodgers give few hitters OR pitchers a "starting gig," per se.

they have plenty of alternatives to Lux, and they don't seem to like to hand the keys over to anybody.

Lux likely has a great future, but in "win now mode" - not sure he's a fit.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      the Dodgers give few hitters OR pitchers a "starting gig," per se.

they have plenty of alternatives to Lux, and they don't seem to like to hand the keys over to anybody.

Lux likely has a great future, but in "win now mode" - not sure he's a fit.
      I guess I have the opposite viewpoint. The Dodgers regularly turn over full time jobs to young players once they have proven themselves at AAA. Seager, Puig, Bellinger, Pederson

Comment

• well, PA for Pederson in 2019 was 514 which qualifies I suppose for "full time"

Puig was a rare OF-only for them who I think had a big contract and got hurt a lot.

Bellinger became a 1B-CF superstar and Seager a top-notch SS.

it's a fair counterpoint, but we're all dealing with a very small sample size.

I guess I am thinking more on the "also willingness" to give upstarts like EHernandez and Muncy a ton of AB out of nowhere. and both are back to try to steal time from Lux. Bellinger had places to go, and Seager had no scary in-season rivals.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Lux would be a great trading chip for you. Go get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Lux would be a great trading chip for you. Go get him.
            Yeah, assuming your league is active with trades, I agree with this advice. I do this all of the time. Even if the deal seems counter-intuitive at the moment, because you may be trading assets that may help you more in 2020 than Lux, if you think you are getting him at a good price, it is worth doing. It is always great in my league to have elite prospects. They are great trade chips. Sooner or later, you will be able to trade Lux for more than you paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Yeah, assuming your league is active with trades, I agree with this advice. I do this all of the time. Even if the deal seems counter-intuitive at the moment, because you may be trading assets that may help you more in 2020 than Lux, if you think you are getting him at a good price, it is worth doing. It is always great in my league to have elite prospects. They are great trade chips. Sooner or later, you will be able to trade Lux for more than you paid.
              His perceived value could be peaking now. If he struggles at all to start the year his value could go down. Kind of depends on what it takes to get him now. I cant imagine he would be cheap
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                His perceived value could be peaking now. If he struggles at all to start the year his value could go down. Kind of depends on what it takes to get him now. I cant imagine he would be cheap
                True. It definitely depends on the price. I was just trying to amplify Gregg's point that even if Lux does not start off up with the club and starting, Lux will still have great value. If you want to gamble on him breaking out early and you lose that bet, there is little downside, because you could still move Lux if needed. But it depends on league dynamics. My league loves top prospects because of how our set up allows them to be cheap for longer than most leagues.

Comment

• Appreciate the points of view. That helps.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Jeff Passan confirms the Dodgers have acquired Betts and Price from Boston pending physicals.

Comment

• Bob Nightengale says the Twins are involved as a 3rd team.

Comment

• Looks like Joc may be headed out too - possibly to the Angels?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                          Bob Nightengale says the Twins are involved as a 3rd team.
                          Maeda to the Twins for Graterol, who will be sent to Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Looks like Joc may be headed out too - possibly to the Angels?
                            Joc to the Angels for Rengifo.

Comment

• Curious to know how much of Price the Sox are covering.

Comment

• Wow, just wow. Crazy baseball day/night.

Comment

Working...
                                X