2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    His power is real but that BA not sure. I think we are looking at a player with possible 25 plus HR power but a low BA. He has improved his contact rate from his early minors and has a decent BB rate. His BIBIP this season is .255 which is low for him so if that normalizes the BA should rise. For the rest of the season he'll have to battle for ABs with Kendricks and Pederson and maybe getting starts in right against lefties. With the Dodgers only 2 games out of first it will depend on performance for PT from their outfielders.
    That's about what I was thinking. Thanks

What about next year? Starting LFer or 4th outfielder? Kendrick is signed but Utley is a FA so he can move back to 2B. Peterson, Puig and Ethier will still be around. Well, who knows what's up with Puig. Reddick is a FA.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      That's about what I was thinking. Thanks

What about next year? Starting LFer or 4th outfielder? Kendrick is signed but Utley is a FA so he can move back to 2B. Peterson, Puig and Ethier will still be around. Well, who knows what's up with Puig. Reddick is a FA.
      To me the forecast is cloudy for the starting OF next season. I expect next season to be Ethier last season. He has a buyout for 2.5 mil in 2018 which the Dodgers are likely to do. Puig is under contract for two more years but it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone during the off-season. And the Dodgers being the Dodgers signing a FA outfielder. Thompson will need a strong rest of the season to convince the Dodgers that he will be a starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        To me the forecast is cloudy for the starting OF next season. I expect next season to be Ethier last season. He has a buyout for 2.5 mil in 2018 which the Dodgers are likely to do. Puig is under contract for two more years but it wouldn't surprise me if he is gone during the off-season. And the Dodgers being the Dodgers signing a FA outfielder. Thompson will need a strong rest of the season to convince the Dodgers that he will be a starter.
        Thanks!
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• It blows my mind that Utley is not one of the 26.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Wow, how fucked up is this? Kike Hernandez and Rob Segadin are starting in the LA Dodgers outfield, while a healthy Yasiel Puig has reported to Oklahoma City. SMH...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
              It blows my mind that Utley is not one of the 26.
              And Turner.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Wow, how fucked up is this? Kike Hernandez and Rob Segadin are starting in the LA Dodgers outfield, while a healthy Yasiel Puig has reported to Oklahoma City. SMH...
                I think most people are missing the point on why Puig fell out of favor. Sure, the lack of power and general decrease in stats was disappointing, but the fact that he was continuously day-to-day with some kind of minor ailment that management didn't seem to think should warrant missed time was the final straw. Basically, the team was being held hostage by Puig's whims of whether he wanted to play that day or not. Some of that comes down to attitude, some to conditioning, some to commitment to excellence - either way, he wasn't playing up to his 2013 levels where they could look the other way and they thought he needed a true wake-up call.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  I think most people are missing the point on why Puig fell out of favor. Sure, the lack of power and general decrease in stats was disappointing, but the fact that he was continuously day-to-day with some kind of minor ailment that management didn't seem to think should warrant missed time was the final straw. Basically, the team was being held hostage by Puig's whims of whether he wanted to play that day or not. Some of that comes down to attitude, some to conditioning, some to commitment to excellence - either way, he wasn't playing up to his 2013 levels where they could look the other way and they thought he needed a true wake-up call.
                  And yet they wouldn't play him during his recent hammy injury...kept him on the 25 man roster, but just sat him on the bench except for a few pinch hitting appearances. What kind of a message does that send? Hey, we don't think that you're hurt enough to go on the DL, but too hurt to play? What is he supposed to think in a situation like that? And by all accounts, he's been a good soldier about being sent down as well. No, I think that there's at least as much blame to go on management as there is to Puig...from Donnie on up, he's been handled poorly for at least the last few years, IMO.

It's too bad, but I really think that it's best for him to move on down the road to another team...hopefully, he can get things together in a new situation.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    And yet they wouldn't play him during his recent hammy injury...kept him on the 25 man roster, but just sat him on the bench except for a few pinch hitting appearances. What kind of a message does that send? Hey, we don't think that you're hurt enough to go on the DL, but too hurt to play? What is he supposed to think in a situation like that? And by all accounts, he's been a good soldier about being sent down as well. No, I think that there's at least as much blame to go on management as there is to Puig...from Donnie on up, he's been handled poorly for at least the last few years, IMO.

It's too bad, but I really think that it's best for him to move on down the road to another team...hopefully, he can get things together in a new situation.
                    Huh? The reason he kept sitting is because he kept telling them he wasn't well enough to play.

Comment

Huh? The reason he kept sitting is because he kept telling them he wasn't well enough to play.
                      And yet they kept him on the active roster, when they could have put him on the DL and backdated it to the date he hurt himself. That's on the management to me...you short your team by a man for over a week.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• But when it's seemingly a minor injury you don't normally put a guy on the DL immediately. Every day the story was that he would be ready for the next day and then at the last minute he would say he couldn't play after all. As a Dodger fan it was very frustrating.

Comment

But when it's seemingly a minor injury you don't normally put a guy on the DL immediately. Every day the story was that he would be ready for the next day and then at the last minute he would say he couldn't play after all. As a Dodger fan it was very frustrating.
                          I get that, which is why I put the majority of the blame on the management...they're the "adults" who should know better than to listen to the player. If he says that he can't play for a couple of days in a row, backdate him and put him on the DL...this charade went on for more than a week, IIRC. If the Doctors and trainers say he's good to go, put him in the lineup and see what happens...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Seriously? When was the last time a player claimed he couldn't play and then they put him in the lineup anyway?

Comment

Seriously? When was the last time a player claimed he couldn't play and then they put him in the lineup anyway?
                              I have no idea, but you have to do something in a strange situation like that was. You can't hurt the club by asking them to play shorthanded for that period of time, and that's what management did, IMO. They played with a 24 man roster for a week or more because they didn't pull the trigger on a DL stint. Now they've got a player in the minors that shouldn't be there, but they have no other pace to put him since the trading deadline expired. I'm sure that they'll float him out on the WW, but no doubt someone would claim him and they probably wouldn't be able to work out a deal. I don't even know if they CAN put him on waivers since he's now in the minors. It's a screwed up situation.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• De Leon still seems like a long-shot given the 40-man issues. Kershaw, Ethier, Thompson, and Wood will theoretically need to be added soon and I'm not sure how much dead weight there is on the 40-man (Culberson, Taylor?, Howell?)

Comment

Working...
                                X