2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Kershaw, Kazmir, and Wood are the first Dodger trio with 40+ strikeouts in a month since July 1963. Koufax and Drysdale were two of the three, obviously. Anyone guess the third without looking?
    Was Johnny Podres still kicking?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      For a couple of weeks, I'd go with Bolsinger. Do you have to give up Rea to get Bolsnger?
      no, I have openings from Rea (minors) and Rubby (DL), with Rea and Will Smith returning Thursday. sounds like my best bet is to let Rea return, not activate Smith right away, and take Bolsinger for Rubby. then after a week (or two, if Smith returns post-noon Thurs), I can bring back Smith and decide whether to cut Bolsinger or Rea (or Ohlendorf). better still, I wouldn't get Bolsinger's start tonite vs Cubs as our week begins on Thurs.

I've used two of my six "free drops" already (one to pick up Cotham and one to get rid of him, sigh), so this is a relatively sweet and free series of options with no free drops in play....
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It was either him or Newcombe

Comment

• Alex Wood will be rested 4 weeks before hopefully starting a throwing program. So it sounds like he's out a good two months at a minimum.

Comment

• respectable 2 ER in 5 IP for Bolsinger vs scary Cubs today
            kid, you passed the audition
            for now
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Seager is quietly putting together a nice season. Up to 12 HR hitting 3 last night. .283 BA .338 OBP and .511 Slg. He was available when I did my expansion draft but I lost the coin flip for the 1st pick. Damn!

Comment

• Justin Turner is a putrid #3 hitter. Is Roberts smarter than me?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                  Justin Turner is a putrid #3 hitter. Is Roberts smarter than me?
                  Obviously not. After watching him closely the last few games, he plays serious D and should be in the lineup. But why he's not hitting 6 or 7 right now is beyond me.

Vin Scully commented multiple times about "how badly Turner needs a hit or two" last night, which in Vin's ever gracious and diplomatic tone means he agrees, too.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• People in the RJEL freaked out last year when I traded Seager for Dee Gordon, Jose Abreu, and Cashner...they thought that I was killing the other guy and that the deal was one of the worst things that they'd ever seen. Now look how it's turned out, my trade partner has a 6 buck Seager for the next 3 seasons, and I have a suspended Gordon, a 53 dollar Machado (dealt Abreu), and a growing sense of remorse.

Moral of the story is: there should never be a veto of a deal, you just don't know how it'll turn out.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Carl Crawford DFA'd

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        People in the RJEL freaked out last year when I traded Seager for Dee Gordon, Jose Abreu, and Cashner...they thought that I was killing the other guy and that the deal was one of the worst things that they'd ever seen. Now look how it's turned out, my trade partner has a 6 buck Seager for the next 3 seasons, and I have a suspended Gordon, a 53 dollar Machado (dealt Abreu), and a growing sense of remorse.

Moral of the story is: there should never be a veto of a deal, you just don't know how it'll turn out.
                        Oh, Now you have morals..........

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                          Oh, Now you have morals..........
                          No, the STORY has morals, I, as usual, have little to none.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Carl Crawford DFA'd
                            Crawford will be paid $20.75 million this year and $21 million in the final year of his contract next season. Wow.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Crawford will be paid $20.75 million this year and $21 million in the final year of his contract next season. Wow.
                              Wouldn't you like a job where they fire you and still pay you. Baseball has been berry berry good....

Comment

• Corey Seager is dare I say....en fuego.

Comment

Working...
                                X