No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you don't have anyone worse than either in NL-only? if not, can't you trade one?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I don't remember the exact timetable, but I think it was that Justin Turner had the highest OPS of any third baseman from 2014-2015. He's better in a SLUG% league since he hits a ton of doubles, but still projects for better stats across the board than Solarte who hits in an awful lineup. There's a reason Turner's ADP was much higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
        I don't remember the exact timetable, but I think it was that Justin Turner had the highest OPS of any third baseman from 2014-2015. He's better in a SLUG% league since he hits a ton of doubles, but still projects for better stats across the board than Solarte who hits in an awful lineup. There's a reason Turner's ADP was much higher.
        Agreed, before the season. Now Turner just has nothing. If it's really because of the knee surgery i guess Turner will come around. Or maybe he just had a solid run and isn't that good anymore.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• In my 12-team mixed, I kept Turner at $5 because of his great slash line...but I dropped him a couple weeks ago. No one has picked him up.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
            Turner is a 31 year-old journeyman who is coming off surgery after his only very good season. I see near-zero upside.

Solarte is a late-bloomer himself, but is only 28 and has considerably more upside than Turner, in my opinion.

They are probably a push for this year, players of similar value, but I'd rather own Solarte because there is the -albeit slim- chance that he shows something we haven't seen yet.
            Agreed I would also prefer Solarte

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Alex Wood's K% has skyrocketed over his last 4 starts; somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 K/9. I can't see them replacing him now.
              Alex Wood with another great start: 13 Ks over 6 IP. He now has 48 Ks in his last 35 IP. I hope you guys jumped on the bandwagon when I started pimping him!

Comment

• Padres
                Rays
                Mets
                Cardinals
                Padres

2 of his 3 big games vs the Padres, other (7) vs Rays back when they were hitting like complete crap

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  you don't have anyone worse than either in NL-only? if not, can't you trade one?
                  Now that Solarte qualifies at MI, with 2 games played, I am leaning towards waiving Cesar Hernandez over Utley/Jaso/Inciarte(UT)/Aledmys Diaz.

No one else on my roster qualifies per poselig.

Comment

• I'm playing Kershaw in a h2h league. He has two starts, and one was just a CGSHO. He should be banned from roto and fantasy sports. He isn't human. You see him with two starts staring at you, you might as well just ignore your team for a week, because you ain't winning.

Seriously, I know the conventional wisdom has always been go hitter first, but how many titles has he probably won folks for rolling the dice on him with a 1st round pick over the last few years? There isn't a better, more consistent player in all of baseball right now. If he keeps rolling like this for yet another year, I'd eagerly take him 1-1 next year if I could.

Anecdotally, in our Idle Hands league, run by Eld, the Slippin Jimmys is in first, dominating the league by a very wide margin, and a huge part of that is Kershaw. He has a strong team overall, but if you take Kershaw off of it, he'd be right there with the rest of us, all tightly packed together, instead of running away with a nearly perfect pitching score.

Comment

• I will have to seriously consider keeping Kershaw next year for $70 in a $300 budget league.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Hyun-Jin Ryu (shoulder) notched a pair of scoreless innings, striking out two in his first rehab start for High-A Rancho Cucamonga on Sunday.
                        Rotowire.

I'm guessing three rehab starts, which puts his first MLB start about 10-12 June. What should we expect when it gets here?

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Hyun-Jin Ryu (shoulder) notched a pair of scoreless innings, striking out two in his first rehab start for High-A Rancho Cucamonga on Sunday.
                          Rotowire.

I'm guessing three rehab starts, which puts his first MLB start about 10-12 June. What should we expect when it gets here?

J
                          He had another rehab outing yesterday and had this line:

4 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K

He's been out long enough that he won't have the same growing pains as someone who was rushed back, but anyone coming off labrum surgery is a pretty big risk. I'd expect an ERA around 4 with a slightly higher WHIP than usual (closer to 1.30)

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Alex Guerrero DFA'd. Remember how awesome all y'all thought he was last year?
                            Texas should deal for him. I doubt he'd suck as badly as Fielder does.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Bolsinger a decent pickup in deep NL only? doesn't have to keep a job all season, just a couple of weeks. compare to, say, Colin Rea..
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                                Bolsinger a decent pickup in deep NL only? doesn't have to keep a job all season, just a couple of weeks. compare to, say, Colin Rea..
                                For a couple of weeks, I'd go with Bolsinger. Do you have to give up Rea to get Bolsnger?
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X