2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    I'm betting that after the Dodgers initially use Urias out of the bullpen they will give him a few starts in September. He may even be available to start in October if they keep his innings down.
    So why exactlywould someone own him on their fantasy team?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So why exactlywould someone own him on their fantasy team?
      In a keeper league, he has a lot of value.

edit: Plus, he could get on a roll come September and win 4 or 5 games down the stretch. It's nice to get a little boost at crunch time.
      Last edited by madducks; 05-07-2016, 06:35 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        In a keeper league, he has a lot of value.

edit: Plus, he could get on a roll come September and win 4 or 5 games down the stretch. It's nice to get a little boost at crunch time.
        Not if he's tying up a bench spot until then.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Not if he's tying up a bench spot until then.
          It eliminates that daily lineup conundrum thing.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Chris Sale, David Price, Sonny Gray.....

Urias has maxed out at 90 IP. The bullpen makes sense.
            Don't forget Wainwright and (going back, a bit), Roy Oswalt.

Oh yeah...more recently, Carlos Martinez.
            2021 Auction Anatomy
            2021 Keeper Decisions
            2020 Auction Anatomy
            2020 Pre-Auction
            2015 Auction Anatomy
            2014 Auction Anatomy
            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

He is most definitely not in a platoon with Pederson but has gotten a lot of action since Ethier's injury and Crawford and Van Slyke's subsequent injuries. He's started 6 games in left field, three in center, and two in right.

He was a very well regarded prospect who'd chronically underperformed up until last year when he broke out in a pretty big way. That breakout seems to have carried on to this year, at least so far. I don't think he'll get a full season's worth of ABs but I'm sure the Dodgers want to see him ease into the steady 4th OF role with an eye on his post-Ethier outfield role.
              Thompson may not be in a platoon with Joc, but Joc does not play vs. LHPs and Trayce does not play vs. RHPs.

Comment

Hyun-Jin Ryu, Brandon McCarthy, and Mike Bolsinger are all slated to start rehab assignments within the next 10-14 days.

Expect changes within the Dodgers rotation --- I'd guess Stripling and Wood will both lose their jobs and get sent down unless they perform really well in the next several weeks.
                Alex Wood's K% has skyrocketed over his last 4 starts; somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 K/9. I can't see them replacing him now.

Comment

• Wonder if the Dodgers will play Thompson more. He has been productive so far hitting 2 HRs last night. So far in 72 ABs he has 6 HR 17 RBI. Ave .292 OBP .228 SLG 611 OPS 949. I think he has outhit Crawford, Kendrick and Hernandez combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Wonder if the Dodgers will play Thompson more. He has been productive so far hitting 2 HRs last night. So far in 72 ABs he has 6 HR 17 RBI. Ave .292 OBP .228 SLG 611 OPS 949. I think he has outhit Crawford, Kendrick and Hernandez combined.
                    and Puig, who has been dreadful.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• They'll probably give him more starts to ride out the hot streak but I fear his weaknesses would be exposed with more at-bats. Ethier should be back in a few weeks which will further muddy the waters but if they give him more starts and he keeps raking then things will get interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                        They'll probably give him more starts to ride out the hot streak but I fear his weaknesses would be exposed with more at-bats. Ethier should be back in a few weeks which will further muddy the waters but if they give him more starts and he keeps raking then things will get interesting.
                        That may be true but his last 194 AB to last season he has hit 11 HR with a .294 BA. He is hitting lefty equally as well as right. His minor league stats do not support his BA but since he is hitting well why not go with him more often since he has out-performed everybody else playing OF.

Comment

• Kershaw

88 k's

4 BB

Comment

Kershaw

88 k's

4 BB
                            That is freaking insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              That is freaking insane.
                              That is a 22.00 SO/BB rate.

The best SO/BB ratio in mlb history, for a full season (>=100 IP) was Candy Cummings's 20.50 in 1875. A season where he pitched 416 innings and had 82 strikeouts (leading the league) and just 4 BB. Obviously a different era, since 82 K's led the league.

Since 1875, the best ratio has been Phil Hughes's 2014 where he struck out 186 and walked just 16, giving him a 11.63 SO/W rate.

Kershaw is sitting at almost double that.

Insane is right...

Comment

• fangraphs just did a writeup of the four walks. a couple were pretty questionable. of course, I'm sure some of the strike calls he gets are also.

Here’s a thing: last year, Clayton Kershaw was tied for baseball’s fifth-lowest walk rate by a starting pitcher, out of 78 pitchers. Then, this year, only one guy (Mike Fiers) has dropped his walk…
                                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                                X