No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joc earned a chance to hit lead-off and went 1-3 with a walk and HR. Even better, Rollins was moved down the order. That all makes sense but then he moved Gonzalez down to the 4 spot.
    Guerrero is still missing from the daily lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Can you imagine if fantasy players managed teams? Guys would be benched or cut after a slow start to the year (with the bat only, of course - defense is totally irrelevant). The flavor of the month would immediately get starts, based on sterling performances in 20 PA samples, while top 10 guys rode the pine. Teams would field only players who've been hot the last two weeks and would have abysmal defense across the board. Eight David Ortizes would be viewed as a totally acceptable way to arrange a defense.
      There's only ONE Papi.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Eight David Ortizes would be viewed as a totally acceptable way to arrange a defense.
        I would love just to see 3 of them playing OF in Coors. That would be an adventure.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Can you imagine if fantasy players managed teams? Guys would be benched or cut after a slow start to the year (with the bat only, of course - defense is totally irrelevant). The flavor of the month would immediately get starts, based on sterling performances in 20 PA samples, while top 10 guys rode the pine. Teams would field only players who've been hot the last two weeks and would have abysmal defense across the board. Eight David Ortizes would be viewed as a totally acceptable way to arrange a defense.
          And they'd probably have 4 closers as well

Comment

In principle, I agree with you 100%. However, I would also argue that Bruce Bochy manages the Giants the way we run our fantasy teams. No one plays the hot hand like Bochy. I speculate this is because when you do that, you ruin your clubhouse, causing unrest and distrust. Perhaps, Bochy's greatest asset is his ability to keep his players from revolting after they've suffered demotions. You see it time and time again, with Lincecum, Sandoval, Belt, Romo.... He also seems to know when to play a guy who is just slumping and will rebound, and when to cut a non-performer. Very rarely do we "free" a Giants player, he seems to get everyone the right enough PT.

So, I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I think the Giants may be an exception, and somehow, they make it work.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
              So, I'm not really disagreeing with you, but I think the Giants may be an exception, and somehow, they make it work.
              How soon you forget the free Brandon Belt stuff from a couple years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                How soon you forget the free Brandon Belt stuff from a couple years ago
                That is true. But now we look at the mediocrity Belt has proven himself to be, and Bochy's moves suddenly make a little more sense.

Comment

• So I spent decent FAAB on Hatcher. Then Peralta took the closer role. So I drop Hatcher for the latest flavor of the month. Then I picked up Yimi Garcia with a small FAAB bid. Peralta gets hurt and which one is the closer? Seems to be Hatcher. Argh!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    So I spent decent FAAB on Hatcher. Then Peralta took the closer role. So I drop Hatcher for the latest flavor of the month. Then I picked up Yimi Garcia with a small FAAB bid. Peralta gets hurt and which one is the closer? Seems to be Hatcher. Argh!
                    Hang on to Garcia. I think he'll get the lion's share of the opportunities until Jansen returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      Hang on to Garcia. I think he'll get the lion's share of the opportunities until Jansen returns.
                      which is at most 2 weeks.
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yimi is the best pitcher of the bunch but Mattingly hasn't been married to the idea of any one person holding the job until Jansen comes back. He's also said that Jansen may not immediately close upon returning. I do think Yimi is the best play for the time being but he might not get all the saves.
                        And remember how painfully long it look for Mattingly to realize that Brandon League sucked in 2013, before finally giving the ball to Jansen in the 9th. My point is that for Mattingly it doesn't always seem to matter who has the best stuff. Once he has something in his head, he seems to have a hard time seeing what everyone else sees. So who knows who will get the saves the next couple weeks and beyond until he deams Jansen "ready."

Comment

• Something is going on with Kershaw. I know he is getting the k's, but not the results. Bad luck?? He only gave up five hits tonight, but 4 were xbh. And a HR to Hector Gomez(who????).

Comment

• weird dustup around the 3rd inning I saw on MLB. guy on 1st, 2 outs, and either the pitcher was up or actually I think on first base. Kershaw was about to go to the plate, clearly balks to 1st, the ump and pitcher call him on it, and he is so unhinged that I thought CK would get tossed. Mattingly properly intercedes, it ends, and once he walks away - he gets tossed.

again, weird.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              weird dustup around the 3rd inning I saw on MLB. guy on 1st, 2 outs, and either the pitcher was up or actually I think on first base. Kershaw was about to go to the plate, clearly balks to 1st, the ump and pitcher call him on it, and he is so unhinged that I thought CK would get tossed. Mattingly properly intercedes, it ends, and once he walks away - he gets tossed.

again, weird.
                              Well, that's the exact same pickoff move he always uses so I think he was just telling that umpire that he's the only one who has called a balk on that.

Kershaw was straight up dominant for most of the game but then he lost command of his breaking stuff and left too many fastballs up in the zone. His velocity is fine and his breaking balls have looked great at times, he's just missed a lot of spots and paid for them. If you think about it this way, he was still hurt at this time last year and he still won 20 games so there's plenty of time for him to get back to normal

Comment

• I can't believe Alex Guerrero has not been mentioned this year. Any idea of which positions he qualifies for in 2016 at a 10 start standard ?

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X