2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
    never saw anybody live that threw a ball like dawson. the ball literally looked like it jumped forward along its line of progress. and i only saw him late in his career...
    I was at the game (on first base side) when he robbed a player of a routine hit by throwing him out at first. There are write ups of that play, but I could not find any video of it. There was a moment of silence while the stadium was trying to process what we just witnessed. Then came the the deafening cheers as we all went nuts. One of my favorite baseball memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I was at the game (on first base side) when he robbed a player of a routine hit by throwing him out at first. There are write ups of that play, but I could not find any video of it. There was a moment of silence while the stadium was trying to process what we just witnessed. Then came the the deafening cheers as we all went nuts. One of my favorite baseball memories.
      hey, he ain't the only one who can do that ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Figuring a start may be too much to ask for, when can we expect the first Alex Guerrero AB?
        And what's the talk about him? Are the Dodgers going to counter his refusal to go down by literally letting him rot on the bench?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
          Figuring a start may be too much to ask for, when can we expect the first Alex Guerrero AB?
          And what's the talk about him? Are the Dodgers going to counter his refusal to go down by literally letting him rot on the bench?

I was just thinking the same thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon View Post
            Figuring a start may be too much to ask for, when can we expect the first Alex Guerrero AB?
            They trust Justin Turner more at 2B and 3B so he'll be more of a PH for now. Pretty sure they're still working like hell to trade him but until that happens he'll probably just rot.

Comment

• Uribe and Turner both injured tonight. They may be forced to use Guerrero after all.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Guerrero: 3-5, homer, 4 RBI and a run scored. Hold the job Alex!
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• I know...I know... it's only 2 games, but Kershaw needs to get it going. Anything going on with him that might be of concern?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                    I know...I know... it's only 2 games, but Kershaw needs to get it going. Anything going on with him that might be of concern?
                    Yep. Didn't spend 40 auction bucks to get this kind of start. Just feeds into my general distaste of spending big money on pitchers.

This year I decide to trade for the best and am not pleased with the results. I keep telling myself it is only two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Yep. Didn't spend 40 auction bucks to get this kind of start. Just feeds into my general distaste of spending big money on pitchers.

This year I decide to trade for the best and am not pleased with the results. I keep telling myself it is only two games.
                      I'm sure he will turn it around, but he has already pretty much guaranteed he won't match last year's overall numbers (that is how good he was last year that a couple of mediocre starts probably put him out of reach of getting back to that level). Of course, it was too much to expect for him to match those historic numbers in the first place.

I went hard after getting Kershaw back this year, but I fell short of some really insane bidding. I was happy I did not land him at the time, because what he went for left no profit possible even if he repeat. I don't think that is a good play for any player, not just pitchers. But that is what some folks do on the really elite guys like Kershaw and Trout, which is why the only way I end up with those guys if to buy them low when I can or bring them up from the minors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I'm sure he will turn it around, but he has already pretty much guaranteed he won't match last year's overall numbers (that is how good he was last year that a couple of mediocre starts probably put him out of reach of getting back to that level). Of course, it was too much to expect for him to match those historic numbers in the first place.
                        He did have a 4.43 ERA through May 17 of last season (through four starts after missing all of April). I'm sure on May 18, 2014 Kershaw owners were panicking after an injury KO'd a month and the bombing he suffered at the hands of ARZ maybe enforced that something wasn't right. He then went on to have a 1.43 ERA the rest of the way.

Comment

• He pretty much always sucks at Arizona - nothing to be worried about. His first start was quite unlucky as well; this is how SD scored their 3 runs:

1st inning - Myers leans his knee in to get a cheap HBP, gets called safe on a SB attempt when he was definitely tagged (not sure why it wasn't challenged), then Kemp hits a weak grounder to second, except the second baseman was playing on the left field side of 2B so it gets through for an RBI single

5th inning - with a runner on second and 2 outs, easy grounder to 3B but Uribe takes his sweet time and Norris beats it out for a "single". Kemp then doubles both guys home.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            He did have a 4.43 ERA through May 17 of last season (through four starts after missing all of April). I'm sure on May 18, 2014 Kershaw owners were panicking after an injury KO'd a month and the bombing he suffered at the hands of ARZ maybe enforced that something wasn't right. He then went on to have a 1.43 ERA the rest of the way.
                            I'm still betting on "slightly worse than last year," at least in terms of ratio stats. He should get more innings and Ks. Some regression of historic all-time levels is to be expected, and should have been baked into his auction price. You can hope he matches or improves an a career year, but to expect it is courting disappointment. But yeah, he is still a stud. Nothing for anyone to worry about who paid a reasonable sum for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Well, this kid just may be proving me wrong. Not sure about his glove, but holy hell his bat plays.
                              Clinging to this notion of not playing Guerrero is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen.

Comment

• call it hyperbole, call it what you want, but guess who just went yard because he finally got a start over a guy hitting .229 with zero RBI.

Comment

Working...
                                X