No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatcher with the save! He looked good, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Oh My, Jimmy Rollins says " It's nice to be in LA" with a 3 run bomb!
      What odds that is his total for April?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
        I will take the over.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
          he hit more HR last year (17) than puig (16). just sayin'.
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Man, Yasiel Puig might have the best outfield arm I've ever seen. Check out this throw:

With no momentum, even. Vladdy-esque.

Wow. Thanks for posting.

Andre Dawson made some of the best throws I have ever seen. That is right up there.

Comment

• Andrew Dawson, you are getting old school. Bo Jackson had a cannon if we are going back to physical freaks.

Comment

• Vernon Wells had a cannon too. I was at a game at Fenway and the Sox had a guy on third with less than two outs and there was a fly ball to center that was fairly deep so the crowd assumed it would get the run in. As the ball was hit the crowd let out a "yeah" followed by a confused perhaps disappointed "awww" when the runner didn't break for home and finally a "ooooh" when Wells let fly with a strike to home. All three sounds where seconds apart and all in unison.

He might not be on the level as Puig or Dawson though.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Guerrero was excellent but Valentine and Bo Jackson were better.

Comment

• Give me Juan Pierre any day

...not.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Ichiro and Vlad have the best outfield arms (in their respective primes, of course) that I've ever seen.
                      I'm glad you gave Ichiro his props. It always amazed me what a cannon that little guy had. I really wish he'd been able to come over when he was like 20, because he'd probably have 4000+ hits by now and would rightfully be talked about as maybe the best slap hitting OFer of all time. I loved his game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Give me Juan Pierre any day

...not.
                        With Johnny Damon and Bernie Williams. Between the three of them they might be able to get it back to the infield.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• IIRC Larry Walker had quite a cannon too.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• never saw anybody live that threw a ball like dawson. the ball literally looked like it jumped forward along its line of progress. and i only saw him late in his career...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I'm glad you gave Ichiro his props. It always amazed me what a cannon that little guy had. I really wish he'd been able to come over when he was like 20, because he'd probably have 4000+ hits by now and would rightfully be talked about as maybe the best slap hitting OFer of all time. I loved his game.
                              I occasionally have a line on field level tix here in the first row down the right field line, right in front of where the ballboy sits - he's the kid who warms up the opposing team's right fielders in between innings. So I asked him who had the hardest throw of anyone he's warmed up (over the past 3-4 years). No hesitation - unquestionably Ichiro.

I've sat there watching him warm up. It's so effortless.

Having said that, the two best RF arms I've seen in person were Ellis Valentine & Jesse Barfield. That Puig throw is in their class tho, no question.
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I don't know if Ichiro had the same flat-footed arm strength that Puig showed in that throw. But Ichiro got his whole body into it, and his throwing motion was so effortless and so fast, that the results were just as good (maybe better). And when you combine velocity and accuracy, Ichiro stands above guys like Vlad and Puig.

I'll just leave this here

Comment

Working...
                                X