2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Do we still have no idea what the Dodgers are giving the Phillies for Rollins, or are they trying to trade to get that piece?
    I heard but can't seem to find now that they traded Eflin (who they just got from the Pads) Tom Widdle (High A pitcher) to get Rollins. Not sure if it's official or if it was just what someone was "hearing"

Comment

• What does all this mean for Alex Guerrero? For a brief moment, he seems to have the 2b job, but now is a lost asset as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
        I heard but can't seem to find now that they traded Eflin (who they just got from the Pads) Tom Widdle (High A pitcher) to get Rollins. Not sure if it's official or if it was just what someone was "hearing"
        those are the names that I've seen reported as well.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          What does all this mean for Alex Guerrero?
          I'll bite
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Dodgers sign Brett Anderson to a 1yr deal.

Comment

Dodgers sign Brett Anderson to a 1yr deal.
              $10M with and extra 4 if he meets incentives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                $10M with and extra 4 if he meets incentives.
                Wow..what's that, about 1.25M per start

Comment

Dodgers sign Brett Anderson to a 1yr deal.
                  ?!?!?! Why in the world would the Dodgers or any other sane team give $10 mil to Brett Anderson? Even if you believe in him and believe he can stay healthy, who are you bidding against? Total headscratcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    ?!?!?! Why in the world would the Dodgers or any other sane team give $10 mil to Brett Anderson? Even if you believe in him and believe he can stay healthy, who are you bidding against? Total headscratcher.
                    Yeah, gotta agree with this...it makes no sense to pay anything other than an incentive laden contract to a guy like Anderson. So far, I'm really unimpressed with the "most expensive front office in the game", as they're being called. They've taken a 94 win team and made it into a ???. Better defense to be sure, but somewhat power shy unless Puig takes the next step...and they still need to address the bullpen, last years Achilles heel.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      So I guess they're not going for Hamels or anyone good/healthy?
                      Nah, he's raw dogshit
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• So is Joc P the starting CF on April 1? Or does he start the season in AAA for more seasoning / to delay his service clock?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                          Yeah I missed the part where they guaranteed him 10mil. I just assumed it was a 2 or 3mil deal with a ton of incentives.

Almost as much of a head-scratcher as the Pirates signing Radhames Liz to a 2-year deal. And then finding something they didn't like in the physical and keeping him anyway on a 1-year deal. Teams are up to weird things this year,.

Comment

• Dodgers DFA'd the Beard today and will eat his $9.5m contract. Oof.

Comment

Dodgers DFA'd the Beard today and will eat his $9.5m contract. Oof.
                              That may end up being a pretty shortsighted decision in the long run. It's the 2nd year after surgery that pitchers seem to really round into form...so why not have him come to ST and see what he's got? They have to pay the money anyway, what's the rush? I get they need a spot on the 40 man roster, but damn. I really don't get a lot of the moves these guys are doing...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Cue the Blue Jays' offer...

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X