No announcement yet.

2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reynolds has turned into a singles hitter.

Went 3 for 4 last night raising his ave to .328. His Ks, BB and contact rates are all at career normal except his BABIP is at .462. So we all know whats coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
      Reynolds has turned into a singles hitter.

Went 3 for 4 last night raising his ave to .328. His Ks, BB and contact rates are all at career normal except his BABIP is at .462. So we all know whats coming.
      Even though whiff-heavy hackers do profile better at Coors than elsewhere, I wasn't thrilled when the Rockies picked him up this season. But so far, he's been a different hitter than the one-dimensional "dumb power" guy I've seen in recent years. He's shown the willingness and ability to slap the ball the other way when the situation demands it, not something I recall ever seeing from him before. He's provided some plus defense, too. I don't expect him to continue hitting for average, but his new hitting approach has yielded some nice results so far.
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Even though whiff-heavy hackers do profile better at Coors than elsewhere, I wasn't thrilled when the Rockies picked him up this season. But so far, he's been a different hitter than the one-dimensional "dumb power" guy I've seen in recent years. He's shown the willingness and ability to slap the ball the other way when the situation demands it, not something I recall ever seeing from him before. He's provided some plus defense, too. I don't expect him to continue hitting for average, but his new hitting approach has yielded some nice results so far.
        nice results for the Rockies but not so much to those who own him in roto\fantasy.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          nice results for the Rockies but not so much to those who own him in roto\fantasy.
          Eh. Most of the people who drafted him paid very little for him. In the RJEL, he went for $1. In my four NL onlys, he went for: Reserve, $1, $5, and $10 (in a extremely deep league with huge inflation).

If any of those owners are complaining, they are missing the point. He's producing more than minimal production for minimal cost. That's how you win.

Comment

I'd rather have a $1 Mark Reynolds at my CR than the $1 Chris Johnson I have there now...
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• picked him up for $2 off the free-agent pile in Idle Hands back in April ... I'm not complaining, and I kind of think that we'll be rewarded with a three-homer game at some point ... soon ... please ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Eh. Most of the people who drafted him paid very little for him. In the RJEL, he went for $1. In my four NL onlys, he went for: Reserve, $1, $5, and $10 (in a extremely deep league with huge inflation).

If any of those owners are complaining, they are missing the point. He's producing more than minimal production for minimal cost. That's how you win.
                yes and no. If I am drafting a guy for power and I dont get said power, I am likely deficient in that category unless others are exceeding my expectations. This season, they arent many exceeding my expectations.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  I'd rather have a $1 Mark Reynolds at my CR than the $1 Chris Johnson I have there now...
                  youll get no argument from me

Comment

yes and no. If I am drafting a guy for power and I dont get said power, I am likely deficient in that category unless others are exceeding my expectations. This season, they arent many exceeding my expectations.
                    I get you. But if you are leaving your power production numbers to $1 late-game fillers, then you are surely toast. Maybe you can get an SB or OBP guy like that.

Comment

• I paid $7 for him. Not unhappy with his BA.

Comment

• So I just got to watch Carlos Estevez for the first time...he just threw 15 pitches in the inning and every single one was a fastball in the 97-99 range - except the very last pitch, which was an 88 changeup. My question is...is this his normal M.O. - basically a one-pitch closer? Kind of worrisome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          So I just got to watch Carlos Estevez for the first time...he just threw 15 pitches in the inning and every single one was a fastball in the 97-99 range - except the very last pitch, which was an 88 changeup. My question is...is this his normal M.O. - basically a one-pitch closer? Kind of worrisome.
                          His minor league stats are nothing to write home about. Right now he doing great. Hasn't given up an ER since May 28.

Comment

• Anyone know anything about Gerardo Parra's return?

RotoWorld said this two weeks ago:

Gerardo Parra (ankle) is hoping to begin a minor league rehab assignment in three days.
                            Parra suffered a minor setback earlier this week, but he's back to running and shagging and his ankle apparently feels good. The 29-year-old outfielder has been on the disabled list since June 14 with a left ankle sprain. He could be ready late next week if everything goes according to plan.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• If he is back do they sit Dahl? I'm thinking Parra might become a 4th OFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                                If he is back do they sit Dahl? I'm thinking Parra might become a 4th OFer.
                                Good question. It will be interesting to see.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X