No announcement yet.

2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo with another 3-run jack in the first inning...

Comment

• It seems no one ever posted the Tulo trade in here. Amazing.

Looking to 2016 who plays the bulk of the SS? If it's Story's job to lose, his trade value got jacked way up.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• picking up on the posts in RHD's rookie thread about what type of pitchers are successful at Coors, I thought I'd post this link to an analysis of pitchers who rely heavily on their fastball there ...

Why new Rockies reliever Jake McGee might be perfect for Coors Field
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Someone in another thread mentioned Reynolds might be getting more PT than Paulsen, while I had been assuming, and rosterresource still calls it, a platoon (Paulsen vs rhp). Any insight would be appreciated.

Unrelated notes: Tony Wolters now the backup catcher. In NL-only, I've often been a fan of grabbing Rockies backup C in auctions...but he looks awful (570 OPS in AA last year; 137 Ks, 3 HR, 6 SB but 4 CS in 580 AB in AA over last two years)...backup MI Christian Adames looks unrosterable too (might lose job once Descalso and/or Reyes return).

Comment

• 03.31... Nick Groke of the Denver Post thinks that Mark Reynolds "may steal" the Opening Day start at first base from Ben Paulsen.
            Spin: That's even with right-hander Zack Greinke slated to go for the Diamondbacks. Reynolds is hitting .370 with three home runs so far this spring, while Paulsen sports a .275 mark with no longballs. You'd think a team that's not expected to contend like the Rockies might like to see what they have in Paulsen rather than a retread like Reynolds, but apparently that might not be the case. Ultimately the two players will likely end up splitting the playing time fairly evenly.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              03.31... Nick Groke of the Denver Post thinks that Mark Reynolds "may steal" the Opening Day start at first base from Ben Paulsen.
              Spin: That's even with right-hander Zack Greinke slated to go for the Diamondbacks. Reynolds is hitting .370 with three home runs so far this spring, while Paulsen sports a .275 mark with no longballs. You'd think a team that's not expected to contend like the Rockies might like to see what they have in Paulsen rather than a retread like Reynolds, but apparently that might not be the case. Ultimately the two players will likely end up splitting the playing time fairly evenly.
              What's to see with Paulsen? He's 28 years old, has never done anything exceptional, either in the minors, or the majors. He's strictly a placeholder until at least one of the minor league studs is ready. With Reynolds, at least you have a proven power hitter who might just bring something back come the trade deadline.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Is Charlie Blackmon in a platoon?? He's sitting for the second time in three games, both times versus LHPs in favor of Brandon Barnes (who, by the way, is far worse vs. LHPs than Blackmon). What gives??

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Is Charlie Blackmon in a platoon?? He's sitting for the second time in three games, both times versus LHPs in favor of Brandon Barnes (who, by the way, is far worse vs. LHPs than Blackmon). What gives??
                  I'll reiterate -- why does a guy who's played 154 and 157 games the last two seasons need three days off during the season's first two weeks??

Comment

I'll reiterate -- why does a guy who's played 154 and 157 games the last two seasons need three days off during the season's first two weeks??
                    No idea other than MLB managers are so much smarter than us???
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      No idea other than MLB managers are so much smarter than us???
                      I'm beginning to really dislike Walt Weiss!

Comment

I'm beginning to really dislike Walt Weiss!
                        I am still wondering why Weiss keeps running out that stiff Reynolds. Reynolds makes Paulsen look like Rod Carew.
                        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Blackmon injured the toe diving back into second base on Wednesday night. He has a history of turf toe, so the Rockies are being safe and sitting him on Thursday.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Mith?
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Mith?
                              Mith would be complaining about why a player is 0-for-20, which is a common occurrence. Revo complains why an everyday player is sitting every 4th day, which is an uncommon occurrence.

Comment

Mith would be complaining about why a player is 0-for-20, which is a common occurrence. Revo complains why an everyday player is sitting every 3rd day, which is an uncommon occurrence.
                                Nah. You're just whining.

Comment

Working...
                                X