2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Brothers entered today in the 6th with the Rockies leading 6-4, runner on 1st, none out. He allowed a single, passed ball, and sac fly to allow the runner to score, but not exactly shelled.

still, 6th inning?

fwiw Ottavino came on in the 7th after Logan allowed 2 runs for 7-6 Phillies, and an error and sac fly plated another Phillies run.

Belisle entered in the 8th at 8-8 and allowed 2 runs and lost the 10-9 game.
    So, what you're trying to say is... they need fewer of these bullpen arms and more... Jesus? Prayer couldn't hurt here, right?

Comment

Both Rosario and Rutledge placed on the DL with viral infections. WTF is going on in Colorado?

Comment

Tulowitzki at home is a One Man Gang. This is insane.

Comment

Yeah Tulo is entering hot as holy hell category. He will end up missing 65 games so the end stat line will not look too crooked.

Comment

tulo is 19 for his last 27 or so, or something like that. freaky hot. watching the game tonight the announcers were talking about him being as hot as he was in september of '10 or '11 (can't remember), when he had 40-ish RBI in a month.

he hit one ball so hard he nearly took stubbs' head off as he was leading off second base.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

poor nolan arenado. he's about to tie the rockies all-time hit streak record, and tulo's still managing to steal his spotlight.

wow, what a beatdown the rockies put on the rangers last night. the offense is beastly, and that's with cuddyer and rosario being injured, and cargo slow out of the gate.
              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Does Brandon Barnes get credit with two pinch hits last night? He came in for the pitcher, got a hit and then the Rockies batted around the order and he got a hit again in the same inning. Is that two pinch hits?
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                  poor nolan arenado. he's about to tie the rockies all-time hit streak record, and tulo's still managing to steal his spotlight.

wow, what a beatdown the rockies put on the rangers last night. the offense is beastly, and that's with cuddyer and rosario being injured, and cargo slow out of the gate.
                  That guy is going to need a bigger shelf for his Gold Gloves.

Cargo has not been slow lately.

Speaking of achievements that are being overshadowed, Shin Soo Choo is leading the American League in batting

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The torches and pitchforks are out for Franklin Morales, who continues to get hammered in every start. The team was hoping he could be merely serviceable until Brett Anderson's return. Unfortunately, Morales has been a fat stinking bag of useless suck, and it appears we won't be seeing Anderson until July at the earliest. After a hot start, The Rox have looked very wobbly the past few weeks. If this trend continues, they'll be out of the playoff picture before Anderson ever retakes the mound. Tyler Matzek has re-established himself as a starting option in AAA; look for him to replace Morales in the rotation sooner rather than later. If a Rockies spot starter for the month of June will help your situation - God help you, LOL - then Matzek is probably your man.
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Carlos Gonzalez said docs told him there's something in his finger that's not supposed to be there, may need surgery.

That's not good for anyone.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        The torches and pitchforks are out for Franklin Morales, who continues to get hammered in every start. The team was hoping he could be merely serviceable until Brett Anderson's return. Unfortunately, Morales has been a fat stinking bag of useless suck, and it appears we won't be seeing Anderson until July at the earliest. After a hot start, The Rox have looked very wobbly the past few weeks. If this trend continues, they'll be out of the playoff picture before Anderson ever retakes the mound. Tyler Matzek has re-established himself as a starting option in AAA; look for him to replace Morales in the rotation sooner rather than later. If a Rockies spot starter for the month of June will help your situation - God help you, LOL - then Matzek is probably your man.
                        And they'll call up Eddie Butler, who should have a fun time starting at home against the Dodgers tomorrow night. He's got the right game to succeed in Coors with a dominant ground ball percentage, but for some reason his K rate is way down from last year...from 9.6 to 5.2. No real reason why, but it'll be interesting to watch him pitch.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Carlos Gonzalez said docs told him there's something in his finger that's not supposed to be there, may need surgery.

That's not good for anyone.
                          Well, it's good for the Dodgers and the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Well, it's good for the Dodgers and the Giants.
                            That ship sailed after the last road trip. No need for playoff teams to worry about The Rockies now.

The Eddie Butler call-up would have made more sense to me if they had done it two weeks ago, when they were still masquerading as playoff contenders. Why do it now, after the bottom has fallen out? I guess it's too early in the season to acknowledge that ugly reality and kill off all hope (and attendance), so, hey, time to give the fans a glimpse of our shiny new object and dazzle them into believing we are still in it to win it. Or maybe they really are just quietly giving up on this year and starting to look to the future. It's not like we have a ton of other options ready to go.

Tyler Matzek made more sense to me from a roster management standpoint. Ah, well, with Jordan Lyles breaking his hand, Matzek should still get his shot. I doubt they'll start the clock on Jon Gray or Daniel Winkler with Brett Anderson and Tyler Chatwood ostensibly returning in a few weeks. But I also didn't think they'd start the clock on Butler now, so what do I know?
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              That ship sailed after the last road trip. No need for playoff teams to worry about The Rockies now.
                              That offense can put a terror into anyone. Really, a nasty three-game stretch in Colorado could destroy a pitching staff at a critical juncture. They are ripe to be spoilers and ruin somebody's season in the NL West.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                                That offense can put a terror into anyone. Really, a nasty three-game stretch in Colorado could destroy a pitching staff at a critical juncture. They are ripe to be spoilers and ruin somebody's season in the NL West.
                                yep, you always want to play a team after they've just played 3 in Coors, their pitchers are shellshocked and their hitters are all swinging for the fences.
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X