No announcement yet.

2K16 - Colorado Rockies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockies rumored to be close to signing Nick Masset to a minor league contract.

A name from the past, known to fans in the Cincinnati area for two things--One, being part of the "haul" when the Reds traded Ken Griffey Jr. to the White Sox; and Two, the lowlight of his career, while pitching in a tie game (at Coors ironically enough), doing nothing while Chris Nelson stole home to win it.

Power arm. If healthy, which is a very huge "if", he can be an effective MR.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Josh Rutledge was a darling this time last year, then he soiled the sheets. Still, these are his actual ML numbers.

605 PA, .254/.300/.402, 15 HR, 19 SB

If he gets the job--not a given--those are solid MI numbers and he's only 25. Yet his ADP is above 300. Even Y! rates him #284.
      Agree, I'm a fan for NL-only. Assuming he starts the year on the bench, is he first man up should there be an injury at 3B as well?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
        Agree, I'm a fan for NL-only. Assuming he starts the year on the bench, is he first man up should there be an injury at 3B as well?
        why would you project an injury for arenado?
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
          why would you project an injury for arenado?
          Because I have those evil powers.

No - I just am a big believer that injuries do happen, so if somebody has more than one way to find themselves into the starting lineup, their plate appearances go up.

Comment

Because I have those evil powers.

No - I just am a big believer that injuries do happen, so if somebody has more than one way to find themselves into the starting lineup, their plate appearances go up.
            sure, but arenado has no history of injury and is young, so he's not one i'd predict that for...
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

He would not be the first glove challanged super-sub.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

No, because he'll already be playing SS.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  No, because he'll already be playing SS.
                  Nicely played, sir.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

Per owner Dick Monfort's Twitter chat yesterday...

Originally posted by Dick Monfort
                    Projected OD lineup:

Blackmon/Dickerson
                    Cuddyer
                    CarGo
                    Tulo
                    Morneau
                    Rosario
                    Arenado
                    DJ/Rutledge
                    Pitcher
                    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      Damn, Rockies, tell us who gets the job out of Blackmon / Dickerson! I really want to keep my $1 Blackmon.
                      Patience, grasshopper.

I just took Dickerson in Mock One, so I'm just as eager to learn--but also reconciled to having to wait. Resolving positional battles is what spring training is supposed to be about, although most of the time it's about accumulating BS to spew when it comes time to announce what was decided already.

-- William James

Comment

From Rotoworld--

"Rockies manager Walt Weiss announced Saturday that Carlos Gonzalez will remain in left field for the upcoming season.

The battle for the starting job in center field will come down to Drew Stubbs, Corey Dickerson and Brandon Barnes. Remaining in left instead of shifting to a more physically demanding position should help to keep the oft-injured Gonzalez on the field throughout the 2014 season. "

No mention of Blackmon, but that may not mean anything. With Morneau at 1B, it could be just a matter of time until Cuddyer has to move from RF to first, which opens things up for others.

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                          From Rotoworld--

"Rockies manager Walt Weiss announced Saturday that Carlos Gonzalez will remain in left field for the upcoming season.

The battle for the starting job in center field will come down to Drew Stubbs, Corey Dickerson and Brandon Barnes. Remaining in left instead of shifting to a more physically demanding position should help to keep the oft-injured Gonzalez on the field throughout the 2014 season. "

No mention of Blackmon, but that may not mean anything. With Morneau at 1B, it could be just a matter of time until Cuddyer has to move from RF to first, which opens things up for others.
                          Not necessarily, they're talking up Kyle Parker as a guy who's got a good chance to make the roster...and Parker plays 1B.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            From Rotoworld--

Wow. That creates quite a logjam in centerfield. And in the leadoff spot.

It's being reported that, this past weekend, CarGo expressed some trepidation to Walt Weiss about moving to CF, and Weiss made the call immediately when he caught wind of that.

Also, that's some sloppy reporting from Rotoworld. Troy Renck's original post read:

Originally posted by The Denver Post
                            After talking with Gonzalez on Saturday, manager Walt Weiss said he will keep Gonzalez in left, where he has played the last two seasons, leaving Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Corey Dickerson and Brandon Barnes vying for the center-field job.
                            So Blackmon is not out of the picture at this point. He, Dickerson, and Barnes all have options remaining, I believe.
                            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                              Wow. That creates quite a logjam in centerfield. And in the leadoff spot.

It's being reported that, this past weekend, CarGo expressed some trepidation to Walt Weiss about moving to CF, and Weiss made the call immediately when he caught wind of that.

Also, that's some sloppy reporting from Rotoworld. Troy Renck's original post read:

So Blackmon is not out of the picture at this point. He, Dickerson, and Barnes all have options remaining, I believe.
                              Sr. Sheep, any read on how that situation will play out?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                                Sr. Sheep, any read on how that situation will play out?
                                I'm guessing we'll open with a platoon of Blackmon vs. righties/ Stubbs vs. lefties, just because Blackmon is more polished defensively than Dickerson, and he gives us a little more speed at the top of the order, where our center fielder currently slots into our projected lineup. Blackmon has a history of sketchy spring training performance, so he could play himself out of a job again, but he put up a pretty solid second half last year, so hopefully that will count in his favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X