No announcement yet.

2K14 - San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the chances Hahn stays in the rotation long term?

Comment

Ownership firing Byrnes is probably a step in the right direction, even if it puts the renowned Omar Minaya closer to power for a while.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        What are the chances Hahn stays in the rotation long term?
        I'd say pretty good right now. His stuff looks legit and there's no competition on the horizon - at this point, if it were between him and Stults staying in the rotation, I think they'd ditch the crappy, er "crafty" lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Ownership firing Byrnes is probably a step in the right direction, even if it puts the renowned Omar Minaya closer to power for a while.
          Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            I'd say pretty good right now. His stuff looks legit and there's no competition on the horizon - at this point, if it were between him and Stults staying in the rotation, I think they'd ditch the crappy, er "crafty" lefty.
            Wisler has pulled it together at AAA El Paso. He was looking VERY ugly early, but five of his last six starts have been great. I think his ERA was touching 9 or so, but now he's got it down to 5.62. He could be an option soon, especially if he keeps it up.

Comment

yeah, related note from Rotowire: Wisler has pitched splendidly in his last five outings at Triple-A El Paso, posting a 4-1 record, 2.87 ERA, 0.989 WHIP, and 21:10 K:BB in 31.1 innings. (6/18/2014)
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move. Please don't let this be a permanent move.
                I'm not sure that I understand what you're saying. Are you trying to say that you regard the possible promotion of "Omar Minaya, MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL'S FIRST LATINO GENERAL MANAGER" (trumpets and horns), with anything less than full enthusiasm? The PC Police will be around to see you very soon.

Truthfully, I don't know if Omar wants the job or will be considered for it. His presence is ominous, though.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

What about when everyone is healthy--when Cashner and Erlin get back? Hahn has looked good, but what do they do long term with this rotation? I know, a good problem to have if it ever occurs, and who knows if it ever will?

Comment

Any word on the direction the organization will go now that Byrnes is gone?

Comment

• I saw a rotoworld blurb just now saying teams have inquired about Street and Benoit. Are they both likely to go? Both are over 30 and I happen to own both in different leagues so I would love a scenario where they both get to be closers, but I am more afraid that they both get traded and neither is a closer.

Comment

• Venable has been so damn bad this year...has he hit the wall for good?
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                          I saw a rotoworld blurb just now saying teams have inquired about Street and Benoit. Are they both likely to go? Both are over 30 and I happen to own both in different leagues so I would love a scenario where they both get to be closers, but I am more afraid that they both get traded and neither is a closer.
                          Just depends where they go. Street has more years as a closer than Benoit so more likely Street closes than Benoit if both are traded.

I bet SD keeps at least one of them.
                          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                            Any word on the direction the organization will go now that Byrnes is gone?

Um, can't go anywhere but up. ba dum bump

No idea. I haven't been in town since the announcement to shitcan Byrnes, so I haven't heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              What about when everyone is healthy--when Cashner and Erlin get back? Hahn has looked good, but what do they do long term with this rotation? I know, a good problem to have if it ever occurs, and who knows if it ever will?
                              I think Hahn has done enough to earn himself a place in the rotation if/when Cash and Erlin come back. If they do, look for them to DFA Stults. Total speculation on my part, but keeping Stults is just stupid at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                Venable has been so damn bad this year...has he hit the wall for good?
                                Yeah, he is what he is now. Last year appears to be his career year. I was a fan of his for a few years, but, even after last year, still looked at him sideways. Again, nice extension, Byrnes.

The whole outfield is on the trading block - Quentin (mother fudger), Maybin, Venable, Denorfia and Smith (who will probably get the most in return at this point). They'll take whatever they can get for them at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X