No announcement yet.

2K14 - San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This offense is epically bad. Lots of talk about blowing it up completely by the trade deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      You are real lazy. It was three clicks away!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...98308212.shtml
      I'm not particularly adept at using b-r's site to find things. I did find out just last night that my high school has produced only two major league players, both first round picks who had decently long careers and both after I graduated (one was a freshman when I was a senior), and that my college has sent a few to the majors, one who made the Hall of Fame (I already knew about him).
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
        This offense is epically bad. Lots of talk about blowing it up completely by the trade deadline.
        Who would trade for those hitters?

Comment

Why is Maybin still batting down in the lineup? His OPS is better than everyone but Smith and Medica and he has the speed to play up in the lineup.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
            Who would trade for those hitters?

Um, er, uh...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              Why is Maybin still batting down in the lineup? His OPS is better than everyone but Smith and Medica and he has the speed to play up in the lineup.
              Good question. He's also still playing inconsistently because he's so damn brittle, they don't think he can handle a full schedule.

Comment

Good question. He's also still playing inconsistently because he's so damn brittle, they don't think he can handle a full schedule.
                that part I fully understand.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Manager-speak would say, "We're trying to ease Maybin into it." Reality-speak would say, "We have no freaking clue what we're doing."

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

As a padre fan I can hardly wait for them to clean house starting with the the GM

Comment

Originally posted by FBP View Post
                      As a padre fan I can hardly wait for them to clean house starting with the the GM
                      Lots of scuttlebutt about this. Apparently, the house cleaning will commence as soon as they hit the ground coming back from this road trip.

Comment

Lots of scuttlebutt about this. Apparently, the house cleaning will commence as soon as they hit the ground coming back from this road trip.
                        Front office, field staff, or players? Will this be one of those wet firecracker deals where they fire the hitting coach and the bullpen coach and proclaim "problem solved"? Or a real flush-and-refill?

Personally, seeing it from three time zones away, I think they need to start at the top. Ownership should can the GM and get the surviving front office working on evaluations. I'm sure I'll get an earful about this when my SD-resident brother and his girlfriend (who is far to good for him) come here this week.

-- William James

Comment

Why don't they deal Street, who's having a great year? What the heck does a crappy team need a closer who sees the field once or twice a week? Trade him to Detroit for something!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Why don't they deal Street, who's having a great year? What the heck does a crappy team need a closer who sees the field once or twice a week? Trade him to Detroit for something!
                            I can advance a couple of theories on that--

1. A team needs SOMEONE who's a rock. If it can't be a position player, let it be the closer, someone who the rest of the team (and the fans) know will be steady and not blow the not-very-frequent leads presented to him; or

2. The front office (particularly the GM) doesn't have a clue.

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                              Front office, field staff, or players? Will this be one of those wet firecracker deals where they fire the hitting coach and the bullpen coach and proclaim "problem solved"? Or a real flush-and-refill?

Personally, seeing it from three time zones away, I think they need to start at the top. Ownership should can the GM and get the surviving front office working on evaluations. I'm sure I'll get an earful about this when my SD-resident brother and his girlfriend (who is far to good for him) come here this week.
                              From Byrnes (GM) to Black and everyone in between. The only one I could see surviving is pitching coach Balsley. If all they do is fire Plantier and the other hitting coach, I'll be shocked.

Comment

From Byrnes (GM) to Black and everyone in between. The only one I could see surviving is pitching coach Balsley. If all they do is fire Plantier and the other hitting coach, I'll be shocked.
                                The padres have the best bench in baseball. Unfortunately they are all starting.

Comment

Working...
                                X