J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Poor ol' Cameron Maybin. He ruptured his biceps and will be sidelined 2-3 months after landing awkwardly diving for a flyball.
      Suddenly the "all the outfielders" plan is looking pretty smart.

CF - Venable/Denorfia
      LF - Seth Smith and Blanks
      RF - Quentin

Something like that?

Comment

Ruptured left biceps tendon, out 2-3 months. I think he's carrying "injury-prone" to a new level.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          Suddenly the "all the outfielders" plan is looking pretty smart.

CF - Venable/Denorfia
          LF - Seth Smith and Blanks
          RF - Quentin

Something like that?
          Rotoworld is projecting Quentin in LF with Blanks backing him up. They also have Seth Smith in RF with Denorfia presumably platooning with him. I think your configuration makes a bit more sense until Quentin gets hurt yet again.

Selfishly, I am hoping this development this means that Venable will be firmly locked into everyday play again (at least for the first half of the season). That should help boost his counting stats and give him a chance at another 20/20 season.

Comment

Tommy Medica is killing the ball in ST. With Maybin gone, does he figure to gain playing time?

Comment

Denorfia always manages to exceed expectations, fantasy wise, for NL-only leagues. The plate appearances seem to just open up for him as the year goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Tommy Medica is killing the ball in ST. With Maybin gone, does he figure to gain playing time?
                There was an article yesterday that said they were going to try him in the OF. I don't think he's every played there before and his D could be bad but it sounds like they're open to trying to get his bat into the lineup with Alonso blocking him at 1B

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  There was an article yesterday that said they were going to try him in the OF. I don't think he's every played there before and his D could be bad but it sounds like they're open to trying to get his bat into the lineup with Alonso blocking him at 1B
                  Yeah, he is, but it doesn't look like they are making plans for him to be out there as much as they have done for Headley and Blanks in the past. It's more a case of if needed in an emergency situation. I like his bat a lot, but his opportunity will come at first. The team is still committed to Alonso there and will give him this year to prove if he's their future or not. The Padre fan boards were all over Medica last year and want him to be the guy.

In other news, it looks like Maybin might not be out as long as first thought. Could be back in 4-6 weeks. I hope so, I'm really rooting for him.

Comment

Carlos Quentin to the DL, as Chris Denorfia prepares for yet another year of outperforming his fantasy draft slot

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                      Carlos Quentin to the DL, as Chris Denorfia prepares for yet another year of outperforming his fantasy draft slot
                      Sonofabeyotch couldn't even make it to opening day.

Yes, Dino will get more pt but more important as a result of this, Tommy Medica makes the team. So does X Nady. Kyle Blanks is optioned down as well. Can't believe an American League team (Astros?) aren't jumping at the chance to deal for him

Comment

What can you tell me about Medica? Will he only get a chance if Alonso goes down or has he shown that he can handle LF?

Comment

Yasmani Grandal makes the team too(?) I thought he blew out his knee in august? Impressive recovery. Does this make Hundley not worth $1 (Hundley went for $5 in toutwars, I believe)

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                            What can you tell me about Medica? Will he only get a chance if Alonso goes down or has he shown that he can handle LF?
                            He has been playing a decent amijbt of time in left (and right) and could see a fair amount of at bats while Quentin and Maybin are down. Yonder has been ripping the ball this spring so I think he's got the firm lock on the first base job. So he'd need to get injured for Medica to see at bats once Q and Maybin return

Comment

Yasmani Grandal makes the team too(?) I thought he blew out his knee in august? Impressive recovery. Does this make Hundley not worth $1 (Hundley went for $5 in toutwars, I believe)
                              Grandal has had a pretty impressive week or two since he's come back. I think he plays 3-4 days a week. They also kept Rivera on the squad so they are carrying 3 catchers at this point.

I don't see where Hundley has much value at this point

Comment

PED's will do that for ya...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X