Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Mike,

I'm curious. Does time on the DL count against the "all season" rule? It seems like I've seen a lot of these Rule 5 guys put there with phantom injuries. My favorite was years ago, when the Reds tried to put Marc Kroon (anyone remember him?) on the DL with left shoulder soreness when he was right-handed or vice versa, and MLB made them take it back.
    They can spend time on the DL, and do quite a bit more often than a normal guy would, but they have to spend at least 90 days on the active 25-man roster, or else they are under the roster restriction again the following year.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      They can spend time on the DL, and do quite a bit more often than a normal guy would, but they have to spend at least 90 days on the active 25-man roster, or else they are under the roster restriction again the following year.
      Ah, there's the answer I sought, a specified minimum. Thank you!
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        What the hell are they going to do with all of those outfielders? I count 8 guys that played for them in 2013, 5 of which are right-handed.

In short, please trade Denorfia to Tampa Bay. Kthxbye
        They're trying to move Blanks/Guzman and Maybin - but they'll need to eat some contract to be able to do that. They like Denorifa too much to trade him.

As of now, they're talking a platoon in Left and Right between: Quentin, Denorfia, Venable and Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
          They're trying to move Blanks/Guzman and Maybin - but they'll need to eat some contract to be able to do that. They like Denorifa too much to trade him.

As of now, they're talking a platoon in Left and Right between: Quentin, Denorfia, Venable and Smith.

So there you go...

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Padres acquired INF Ryan Jackson from the Astros for OF Jesus Guzman.

Comment

Luekbe is going to miss 2014 too http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/sd/p...8&vkey=news_sd

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8KUZro9rwVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Actually, wasn't expecting too much (if anything) from him this year and their starting pitching is pretty deep as it is. Hopefully, he can return next year and this isn't a complete career ender.

Comment

Jesus, the Pads just aren't having any luck with their prospects.

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

Padres prospect left-hander Max Fried has been shut down for a minimum of two weeks due to elbow soreness.

Fried, last year's No. 7 overall pick, reported the soreness in the flexor-mass area of his arm after throwing long-toss from 120 feet earlier this month. Padres general manager Josh Byrnes said results were "benign" following an MRI and the soreness was muscular in nature and not related to the ligament, but the 20-year-old will rest until the symptoms subside

Just send him to get TJ already and get it over with

Comment

Jesus, the Pads just aren't having any luck with their prospects.

Padres prospect left-hander Max Fried has been shut down for a minimum of two weeks due to elbow soreness.

Fried, last year's No. 7 overall pick, reported the soreness in the flexor-mass area of his arm after throwing long-toss from 120 feet earlier this month. Padres general manager Josh Byrnes said results were "benign" following an MRI and the soreness was muscular in nature and not related to the ligament, but the 20-year-old will rest until the symptoms subside

Just send him to get TJ already and get it over with
                  Casey Kelly throwing yet? Just snagged him in a minors draft and I'm curious to see if he's going to amount to anything.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    Casey Kelly throwing yet? Just snagged him in a minors draft and I'm curious to see if he's going to amount to anything.
                    The last report I heard is that he's on schedule, but still behind the rest of camp. He should be up and running in a week or two and will start the year in AAA and will probably be the first option for a replacement starter after the break

Comment

Headley strains his calf, out "a couple weeks": http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...y-injury-calf/
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                        Headley strains his calf, out "a couple weeks": http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/...y-injury-calf/
                        Not good for a guy looking for a big contract after coming off of a down year and who was already speculated upon as having a "fluke" type of year in 2012.

Comment

Not good for a guy looking for a big contract after coming off of a down year and who was already speculated upon as having a "fluke" type of year in 2012.
                          Do you really think this has an impact? Sure he might be a little behind all spring but he should get 25-30 PA's before Opening Day.
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                            Do you really think this has an impact? Sure he might be a little behind all spring but he should get 25-30 PA's before Opening Day.
                            You know, normally I wouldn't, but he had lingering injury issues all last year. He hasn't earned the right to be given a benefit of the doubt, IMO.

If it sounds like I'm down on Headley, I am. Is he the .286 avg, 31 HR, 115 RBI guy he was in 2012? Highly doubtful. Is he the .250, 13 HR, 50 RBI guys he was last year? Probably not that bad, but closer to 2013 than 2012, IMO.

Getting out of Petco will probably do the guy some good, but I don't see him as anything more than a Carney Landsford-ish type 3rd baseman. Which is fine, but not the superstar people thought he was after 2012

Comment

You know, normally I wouldn't, but he had lingering injury issues all last year. He hasn't earned the right to be given a benefit of the doubt, IMO.

If it sounds like I'm down on Headley, I am. Is he the .286 avg, 31 HR, 115 RBI guy he was in 2012? Highly doubtful. Is he the .250, 13 HR, 50 RBI guys he was last year? Probably not that bad, but closer to 2013 than 2012, IMO.

Getting out of Petco will probably do the guy some good, but I don't see him as anything more than a Carney Landsford-ish type 3rd baseman. Which is fine, but not the superstar people thought he was after 2012

fair enough. He did set a high bar in 2012. If he splits 12-13 down the middle, I would take it.
                              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Oh, for fuck's sake...

Padres manager Bud Black said Monday that Cameron Maybin (shoulder) will not be ready for Opening Day.

Maybin injured his left shoulder and biceps Sunday while making a diving catch in a Cactus League game. He underwent an MRI on Monday to determine the exact severity.

Comment

Working...
                                X