2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Yeah, that seems true. I guess I was just being hopeful. He does have two more hits so far in game 2 of the dh, against a righty. He has raised his avg from .196 to .262 in one day .
    In a perfect world he would play 2B and Pennington would play SS but that would be a fool's folly for this team so Ahmed and Owings will continue to get a bulk of the playing time at 2B/SS

Comment

Salty to sign with the D'Backs.

Comment

Jake Lamb should be back around 6/1. Tomas is hitting well on the surface despite hitting 60% ground balls. Pollock, Peralta, Inciarte and Trumbo are all hitting well too. Aaron Hill has come around and Nick Ahmed is getting squeezed a bit. What do they do with this mess in June? They got lucky when Lamb got hurt and they could ignore it for 6 weeks.

Comment

I've seen Tomas play against the Marlins the past two days. He looks good both at the plate and at third base.

Comment

Are the D'Backs so pinched that they needed to trade their 5th best prospect just to get out from under Bronson Arroyo's $10m commitment?? WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Are the D'Backs so pinched that they needed to trade their 5th best prospect just to get out from under Bronson Arroyo's $10m commitment?? WTF?
              That was my question. If I were a DBacks fan I would be mad as hell.

Comment

I don't understand it either. Are they having financial problems or are they just dumb?
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Stunningly bad trade. The AZ front office is a laughingstock.
                  And they're getting ripped in the media for this deal, considering they signed a $1.5Bn TV contract ($75m per year) earlier this year. So who the f--- knows what they're doing??? Dave Stewart doesn't seem long for this job.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    And they're getting ripped in the media for this deal, considering they signed a $1.5Bn TV contract ($75m per year) earlier this year. So who the f--- knows what they're doing??? Dave Stewart doesn't seem long for this job.
                    That would suggest the "just dumb" option.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Addison Reed optioned to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Apparently the Diamondbacks are pushing hard to trade for Aroldis Chapman because, you know, a high priced closer one year from free agency is just what this team needs. Baffling stuff, yet again.
                        As a Dodger fan you must love the complete and utter incompetence coming from 60% of your division

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Apparently the Diamondbacks are pushing hard to trade for Aroldis Chapman because, you know, a high priced closer one year from free agency is just what this team needs. Baffling stuff, yet again.
                          my lord I will blow a m-f'ing gasket if that happens

Comment

• Jean Segura named leadoff hitter. sigh.

even when he was decent in 2013 his OBA was only .329, and the last two years it's been around .285.

some days it's hard to be a d'backs fan...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                              Jean Segura named leadoff hitter. sigh.

even when he was decent in 2013 his OBA was only .329, and the last two years it's been around .285.

some days it's hard to be a d'backs fan...
                              They gave a lot to get him, so it isn't surprising that they are putting their faith in him early. His OBA clearly doesn't make him the ideal candidate, but if he ups his average, and swipes a bunch of bags, he could keep the spot and be serviceable in it. If he struggles though, I'm sure they won't hesitate to bump him down to the bottom of the order.

Comment

• anyone else worried about goldys rbi total this season with segura hitting leadoff?

Comment

Working...
                                X