No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'backs need Souza to start hitting but if he doesn't Jay has a decent OBP so can steal AB away from him. That team has a few under-performing players.

Comment

• The roto definition of "mixed feelings" ...

Clay Buchholz was scratched from his start at Coors today, no reason given ...
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Clay Buchholz was scratched from his start at Coors today, no reason given ...
        Hopefully, it's not a heart related issue like Jansen. Buchholz has never pitched at Coors Field before. Mostly, because he pitched in the AL until last season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Hopefully, it's not a heart related issue like Jansen. Buchholz has never pitched at Coors Field before. Mostly, because he pitched in the AL until last season.
          no, but ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
          Clay Buchholz was scratched from his start Thursday versus the Rockies due to right elbow stiffness.
          those rags to riches stories rarely end well ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Elbow stiffness. There will be testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Elbow stiffness. There will be testing.
              An MRI revealed that Clay Buchholz has a flexor strain and will miss the rest of the season.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Interesting ... the Diamondbacks will move to artificial turf next season. Apparently it was tough keeping the natural grass from drying out in the summer.

I can't remember the last time a team moved from grass to turf. There's been talk of the Jays moving to grass up here but the consensus is that they simply couldn't keep it green without either keeping the roof open most of the time (highly undesirable) or switching the roof to some sort of transparent or translucent material (costly & unlikely).

Comment

Interesting ... the Diamondbacks will move to artificial turf next season. Apparently it was tough keeping the natural grass from drying out in the summer
                  I’m shocked that this is a problem. Grass drying out in the desert? I’ll be damned.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    I’m shocked that this is a problem. Grass drying out in the desert? I’ll be damned.
                    There are actually neighborhoods that MANDATE you maintain a grass yard. Totally asanine.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Interesting ... the Diamondbacks will move to artificial turf next season. Apparently it was tough keeping the natural grass from drying out in the summer.

I can't remember the last time a team moved from grass to turf. There's been talk of the Jays moving to grass up here but the consensus is that they simply couldn't keep it green without either keeping the roof open most of the time (highly undesirable) or switching the roof to some sort of transparent or translucent material (costly & unlikely).
                      I wonder if modern day turf will produce faster bounces on infield grounders like yesteryears? BTW does anyone have final stats on the humidor's effect in 2018?

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        I wonder if modern day turf will produce faster bounces on infield grounders like yesteryears? BTW does anyone have final stats on the humidor's effect in 2018?
                        After watching the jays turf the past couple of years, with the new stuff the difference is marginal. If anything the main feedback from infielders is that it results in truer bounces. And Arizona is supposed to be getting the next gen version of the stuff.

Comment

• watching a yankees game this year about 8:15pm, and two pigeons landed in shallow left field. i enjoy listening to the yes network game guys, and one of them says to the other, it's a little bit late for them? and the other says, it's a late summer day, they're hanging out. i guess you wouldn't have those moments with turf?

and there was that rally goose thing in detroit. which was funny. as they chased the goose and finally got it to fly away, just as everyone cheered, it couldn't get enough lift off and crashed into the stadium.

those kind of unscripted moments make my day.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                            watching a yankees game this year about 8:15pm, and two pigeons landed in shallow left field. i enjoy listening to the yes network game guys, and one of them says to the other, it's a little bit late for them? and the other says, it's a late summer day, they're hanging out. i guess you wouldn't have those moments with turf? ...
                            the pigeons don't care (from an Aug 25 game up here) ... btw, don't those guys know that pigeons don't fly south for the winter???

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                              I would think melting nylon or polypropylene would be slower than grass that was on fire.

Comment

• Adam Jones to the D'Backs, which means Ketel Marte is now going to be a super utility player.

Comment

Working...
                                X