2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Umm...maybe that was why he was a dollar?
    ummm he was projected to be a $10-15 player (and pretty much was one last year)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      ummm he was projected to be a $10-15 player (and pretty much was one last year)
      Ummm...why didn't you have the foresight to predict the future like Gregg did?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Umm...maybe that was why he was a dollar?
        You realize he was a $30 player in 2015, no?

Comment

• one of the more unpleasant updates from rotoworld ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
          Diamondbacks transferred C Welington Castillo from the paternity leave list to the bereavement list.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Who spiked Yasmany Tomas' Gatorade?

I have been waiting for him to return to Earth. He hasn't. The 30 day totals 11 HR, .293/.337/.717, 1.054 OPS. The thing that gets me is the K% has gone 31.2%/21.1%/17.4% for Jun/Jul/Aug while the BB/K went 0.13/0.11/0.42.

The Snakes paid a lot for his contract. Given his mobility, it had to have been the power. Where did he keep it hidden?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Well, it looks like they got one right at least. Jean Segura is hot as a pistol right now...5 homers in the last 5 games, leads the league in hits, and has 30 steals. Good for him, he's had a pretty tough road the past few years.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• D'Backs cleaned house and fired GM Dave Stewart and Manager Chip Hale.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  D'Backs cleaned house and fired GM Dave Stewart and Manager Chip Hale.
                  Chip Hale drove me nuts with his constant platooning and benching of hot hitters. I dropped Lamb and Drury both early in the season because of Hale.

And i'm sure that the Dansby Swanson for Shelby Miller trade didn't help Stewart's cause any.
                  Last edited by madducks; 10-03-2016, 10:17 PM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• D'Backs DFA Peter O'Brien?? He did have kind of a bad year at AAA (.254/.295/.505), but I'm surprised they're willing to let him go for nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      D'Backs DFA Peter O'Brien?? He did have kind of a bad year at AAA (.254/.295/.505), but I'm surprised they're willing to let him go for nothing.
                      Has no position; he'll get a MILB deal in the AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Has no position; he'll get a MILB deal in the AL
                        Traded to KC.

Comment

• Ketel Marte sent to AAA.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            Ketel Marte sent to AAA.
                            Not totally surprised. They seem to like Owings at SS and Drury at 2B with Ahmed being the backup. Marte needs regular ABs and they also have the immortal Daniel Descalso who might make the 25-man.

Comment

• I feel like Yasmany Tomas is a younger Nelson Cruz.
                              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• JJ Hoover, with a scoreless spring, makes the team.
                                I kept him for 10 last year as the "Reds closer" - maybe the worst freeze in the history of fantasy baseball. I think he allowed more homers than he got outs!
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X