Baseball Reference page
    mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page
    fangraphs - team page
    fangraphs - park factors

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013, 02:10 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Either one of Ellsbury/Choo make sense for the Giants, but that would be a lot of money committed to Posey/Pence/Pagan/Timmah/Cain and whoever they sign. They do have MadBum signed cheaply and Panda is done after 2014 if they don't want him any more.

Comment

Or not.

Bluehost - Top rated web hosting provider - Free 1 click installs For blogs, shopping carts, and more. Get a free domain name, real NON-outsourced 24/7 support, and superior speed. web hosting provider php hosting cheap web hosting, Web hosting, domain names, front page hosting, email hosting. We offer affordable hosting, web hosting provider business web hosting, ecommerce hosting, unix hosting. Phone support available, Free Domain, and Free Setup.

Orlando – The Giants have been one of the many teams thrown out as a contender for Jacoby Ellsbury and Scott Boras’ $145M proposition. Not happening. Brian Sabean isn’t likely to surrender the 14th pick in the draft, and with a lack of power on the Giants isn’t going to pay that kind of money for a player over 30 who has hit double figure homers once.

Comment

Juan Perez a worthwhile endgamer in deep NL-only leagues where 4-5 OF per team are rostered? With the Giants declining Torres' option, there would seem to be some at bats available. 10 HR, 18 SB in 382 AAA at bats last year, with just 1 HR and 2 SB in 89 major league at bats last year.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
          Juan Perez a worthwhile endgamer in deep NL-only leagues where 4-5 OF per team are rostered? With the Giants declining Torres' option, there would seem to be some at bats available. 10 HR, 18 SB in 382 AAA at bats last year, with just 1 HR and 2 SB in 89 major league at bats last year.
          I'd think there have got to be other last OF that will get you more PT than Juan Perez
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            I'd think there have got to be other last OF that will get you more PT than Juan Perez
            As a one-time Perez owner, I have to agree. Unless you're Billy Hamilton, all the speed in the world isn't going to do you any good if you never start games.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

From Rotoworld--

"The Giants were interested in Mark Mulder but backed out after he requested a major league contract.

Mulder hasn't pitched in a big league game since 2008 and he wasn't effective after 2005, so he's likely going to have to settle for a non-guaranteed minor league deal if he indeed decides to go through with this comeback attempt. The lefty turned 36 years old in August."

If he really requested a major league contract, Sabean must have laughed his a** off before saying, "He** no." Points for the chutzpah, though.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                From Rotoworld--

"The Giants were interested in Mark Mulder but backed out after he requested a major league contract.

Mulder hasn't pitched in a big league game since 2008 and he wasn't effective after 2005, so he's likely going to have to settle for a non-guaranteed minor league deal if he indeed decides to go through with this comeback attempt. The lefty turned 36 years old in August."

If he really requested a major league contract, Sabean must have laughed his a** off before saying, "He** no." Points for the chutzpah, though.
                Too bad, they could have reunited the Oakland A's "Big Three" of Hudson, Mulder, and Zito...and overpaid for every damn one of them.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Fat Panda appears to be working his way down to slightly overweight Panda - rumor has it he's dropped over 40 pounds in the offseason. Altogether coincidentally, it's also his walk year.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Is Lincecum even worth rostering in a mixed league anymore?

Tim Lincecum serves up three homers vs. Royals

by Igor Mello | CBSSports.com

(3/23/2014) Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum endured a rough outing on Sunday against the Royals in Cactus League action,

Lincecum yielded seven runs on 11 hits and one walk while striking out seven. He served up homers to Salvador Perez, Jason Donald and Carlos Peguero.

Although Lincecum raised his ERA from 4.30 to 6.52, manager Bruce Bochy is still pleased with the lack of walks he's issued this spring. He has an 11:5 K:BB ratio over 19 1/3 innings.

"Today certainly inflated (the ERA) but I really liked, for the most part, where he was with his pitches," Bochy said, per the Mercury News. "He has kept the ball down and commanded the fastball. Usually in the spring, that's what he battles. For the most part he has been pretty good with his command. Today he was just off."

Comment

Those HR on Sunday might just have just been long outs at AT&T Park but anybody who's seen Lincecum the past couple of years knows he's capable of giving up a big inning or two every time he starts.

He still contributes SOs but is nothing more than a fantasy streaming option until he proves otherwise.

Comment

Is Lincecum worth keeping in a 12 team mixed
                        on the waiver wire is
                        Quintana
                        Arroyo
                        Nolasco
                        Hughes
                        Roark
                        Buehrle
                        Morrow

etc

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          on the waiver wire is
                          Quintana
                          Arroyo
                          Nolasco
                          Hughes
                          Roark
                          Buehrle
                          Morrow

etc
                          I live in SF and love watching Timmy work but Morrow was very impressive last night. If he's healthy, I'd rather take a chance on him.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                            on the waiver wire is
                            Quintana
                            Arroyo
                            Nolasco
                            Hughes
                            Roark
                            Buehrle
                            Morrow

etc
                            People are still asleep on him, but Quintana has become a very good pitcher...
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

yeah, i like morrow and quintana both better than timmy "the stache" lincecum...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X