2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Im not a prospect head like many of you but I don't think the return of Aidan Smith and Brody Hopkins feels like enough for a guy who was crushing the past 2 months and has 2 more years left after this one.

I know the Rays can do no wrong and all.

As far as the Arozarena side, as someone who has him on a lot of teams, this move to the Mariners leaves me pretty meh. And that probably lowers the market on a guy like Luis Robert.
    Smith could develop into something, but I agree, unless the PTBNL is a significant one, I don't get the deal for the Rays.

Comment

• They're clearly playing for relaunching the team for the new stadium so they're acquiring quantity and hoping some of it sticks. Hopkins could be the best of the bunch as I love what I see on video, but hitting prospects has long been the bane of this organization. I wish they'd target well-developed guys in other orgs rather than toolbags in the lower levels.

Comment

• With Paredes and Rosario getting dealt, is it time for Junior Caminero?
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          With Paredes and Rosario getting dealt, is it time for Junior Caminero?
          I guess not.

I swear, Rays players are the most frustrating fantasy players to own due to the way the front office and Kevin Cash micro-manage their players with delayed call ups, platoons, constant lineup changes, closer committees, openers, bullpen days, etc.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• feels like they're stalling him to retain rookie eligility, although if this Yandy forearm bruise thanks to a 110 MPH liner by Yordan is anything, they may have to call him up. Look at the box score in Durham now and he's been bouncing back and forth between 3B and 2B of late. He has 7 homers and 3 doubles since the start of July with 6 walks and 13 strikeouts in 74 plate appearances

Comment

• The Rays are calling up Junior Caminero before Tuesday’s game.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The Rays are calling up Junior Caminero before Tuesday’s game.
                I thought they were waiting until the cutoff where he'd still be rookie eligible (I thought Aug. 26 or so).

Pleasantly surprised! Looking forward to plugging him into my dynasty lineup down the stretch.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Pete Fairbanks to the 15-day IL with a right lat strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This may seem sort of random posting this now but did you realize the Rays are the only MLB team that has never hosted an All-Star game? The Rays entered MLB in 1998 so this is their 37th year. They should have hosted one by now. Anyone know of a reason why they havent?

Also, Tropicana is one of 4 current MLB stadiums not to have hosted an AS-game. The other 3 are Citizens Bank Ballpark in Philly, Truist Park in Atlanta and new Yankee Stadium. Truist is scheduled to host in 2025 and Citizen's is scheduled to host in 2026. New Yankee Stadium opened in 2009 and old Yankee Stadium hosted for the 4th and last time in 2008 so they probably want to wait a while longer before the new one gets to host.

Comment

Working...
                    X