2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays release RHP Jake Odorizzi.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brandon Lowe has been diagnosed with a Grade 1 right oblique strain. Curtis Mead expected to be called up.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Junior Caminero, in his first game off the IL for Triple-A Durham hits a 3-run home run and a 2-run double while going 2-6 with 2 strike outs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Josh Lowe is the new poster boy for the IL.

Lowe had told reporters on Friday that he was feeling great and ready to go after rehabbing his injured oblique, but withing 24 hours he suffered a hamstring injury and will now head for an MRI on Monday to determine the severity of the new injury. Lowe was also shut down in early March for hip inflammation.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rays DFA Harold Ramirez.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Rays DFA Harold Ramirez.
              Surprising but also on brand.

Comment

• Shane Baz, who hasn't pitched in the Majors since July 2022, will get the start on Friday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rays placed Wander Franco on the restricted list.

The 23-year-old infielder was formally charged in the Dominican Republic on Wednesday and will face a human trafficking charge in addition to the sexual abuse and sexual exploitation against a minor charges that had previously been discussed. By moving Franco to the restricted list instead of the administrative leave that he had been on since last August, he’ll no longer be paid or accrue service time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Holy Houdini ! Shane Baz allows 9 base runners in 3.1 innings without giving up a run ! Talk about mixed results.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ryan Pepiot to the IL with a right knee infection.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Holy Houdini ! Shane Baz allows 9 base runners in 3.1 innings without giving up a run ! Talk about mixed results.
                        was crazy to watch. He couldn't generate any swings and misses, but Yankees also hit a series of at'em balls to blow up big chances. I mean, Soto swings at something 3-0 with the bases loaded and generates his first career GIDP after a 3-0 count and the first time he's ever swuing up 3-0 with bases loaded too when I looked it up on Stathead

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

was crazy to watch. He couldn't generate any swings and misses, but Yankees also hit a series of at'em balls to blow up big chances. I mean, Soto swings at something 3-0 with the bases loaded and generates his first career GIDP after a 3-0 count and the first time he's ever swuing up 3-0 with bases loaded too when I looked it up on Stathead
                          What’s your read on Baz, Jason? Is that just a bad start or is the bloom off the rose? He is a 2025 keeper candidate for me, but could be a guy to trade now while he has perceived value.

Comment

• My read is he still isn't 100%. He had his TJS 9/24/22, and while a guy came "come back" in 15 months, I don't like to think they're back to their pre-injury abilities until 2 years post surgery. If you watch Baz, it's pretty easy to see his command is still not back. He was missing his location by quite a bit on many of the pitches I was seeing, but he still has enough raw stuff to get away with some mistakes.

Comment

• Arozarena traded to Seattle

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Arozarena traded to Seattle
                                Im not a prospect head like many of you but I don't think the return of Aidan Smith and Brody Hopkins feels like enough for a guy who was crushing the past 2 months and has 2 more years left after this one.

I know the Rays can do no wrong and all.

As far as the Arozarena side, as someone who has him on a lot of teams, this move to the Mariners leaves me pretty meh. And that probably lowers the market on a guy like Luis Robert.

Comment

Working...
                                X