X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    My going-away present to you.

Not counting that league, 4 shares of Smyly
    I was big on Smyly till his tendinitis, but arms always make me squeamish.

Just Flipped McHugh for Hanley
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Hello Alex Coleme. I'm glad I hung onto Karns. He looks to be in the rotation for the foreseeable.

J
      Last edited by onejayhawk; 05-10-2015, 01:42 PM.
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Is Colome safe to start? Two matchups vs NY (Sabbathia) and @MIN (May). It seems like all the pitchers I've streamed vs the Twins this year have been shelled.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• So far, Colome looks very good. He's added a new curve and has been using it well vs RH and keeping his pitches down in the zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            So far, Colome looks very good. He's added a new curve and has been using it well vs RH and keeping his pitches down in the zone.
            Aaaand, my streaming clusterfuck continues.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I thought Smyly was getting his final MRI today...I can't bring myself to drop him until it is 100% official. Is that happening today?

Comment

• It's deliberate....they're only allowing Archer & Odorizzi to go through the heart of a lineup a third time. He let Karns do it a few starts ago when he threw 117 pitches when the pen was dog tired & before we learned Smyly was going to be down again. They had to skip his next start because of it, and now he's back on the 2 time through the lineup trick. He should have been out there until the 1st guy reached last night.

That said, this team can't hit dick right now so it doesn't matter. Bases loaded and nobody out in the 8th and the ball never left the infield. Starters have allowed 11 ER over the past 6 games and the team is 0-6.

I think they may get a new stadium before Jaso and Jennings come back

Comment

• Jepsen is the closer for now. Boxberger has tricep tightness, but they haven't thought about putting him on the DL. They feel Boxberger could pitch Tuesday. Given how this season has gone, I expect the exact opposite.

Comment

• Desmond Jennings had his knee scoped and is now out an additional two months. From a fantasy perspective, you could write him off for the season.

Comment

• Remember the days when Desmond Jennings was an untouchable prospect? Yea, me neither. What a bust

Comment

• I had Smiley and Odorizzi (my best cheap pickup). Smiley went down and I was able to get Karns off WW. Now Odorizzi is down. This is getting to be repetitive. I suppose following the Rangers would be worse.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Sourmasher's SP query made me think of the Rays.

Discount 2015. How would you rank for 2016 and 2017:

Smyly
                          Odorizzi
                          Karns

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Sourmasher's SP query made me think of the Rays.

Discount 2015. How would you rank for 2016 and 2017:

Smyly
                            Odorizzi
                            Karns

J
                            Odorizzi

Many, many non Rays

Smyly
                            Karns

I just don't know what, if anything, to expect from Smyly, and right now I wouldn't gamble that much. I do like his upside if it's really minor. I am not a huge Karns guy until he learns how to get through 6 innings, and I fear he never will.

Comment

• Matt Moore returns today, targeted him in my AL-only 5x5 auction and got him for $4, time for the gamble to payoff...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                                Matt Moore returns today, targeted him in my AL-only 5x5 auction and got him for $4, time for the gamble to payoff...
                                I rebuilt this year and acquired him in trade a couple of weeks ago ($6 AL 6x6) I would not expect much this year as his velocity and control are still likely a bit behind. It's the 2016 value I look forward to....
                                Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                                X