No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pettiness of their vendettas and beanball stuff is really sad; there's so much great stuff in this franchise and anyone who watches them and knows baseball realizes that they get too focused on getting 'one up' on teams on this baloney year after year after year. It is not a large part of the lack of success this year, but it is on the list. They need to grow up, organizationally...Rays fans hopefully are saying the same rather than being fanboys about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RSF View Post
      The pettiness of their vendettas and beanball stuff is really sad; there's so much great stuff in this franchise and anyone who watches them and knows baseball realizes that they get too focused on getting 'one up' on teams on this baloney year after year after year. It is not a large part of the lack of success this year, but it is on the list. They need to grow up, organizationally...Rays fans hopefully are saying the same rather than being fanboys about it.
      I am not sure why anyone would think they are more to blame for this thing than the Red Sox other than the person being a Red Sox fan.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
        Okay, so the rays are looking rugged these days. Plus, there are several teams between them and the playoffs in the East. Y.Escobar isn't having a great season by any stretch of the imagination. Does Hak Lee get the call in the second half? His defense is suppose to be very good. His walk rate is very good. Any chance for regular playing time??
        He needs more reps after missing all of the time. They just signed Escobar to a 3-year extension so he's not going anywhere.

Comment

Please explain.

Comment

Did either of you actually watch Friday's game? I don't think there's a lot of ambiguity in how Price started the game or Maddon commented on it. It's not a recent development with the Rays.

Comment

Did either of you actually watch Friday's game? I don't think there's a lot of ambiguity in how Price started the game or Maddon commented on it. It's not a recent development with the Rays.
              But why blame the Rays for all of it? Don't you think the Red Sox had anything to do with the animosity?
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

I certainly never claimed that either team is wholly blameless for the mess Friday---as is usually the case in these situations.

I do think it's hard to make the case that what Price did initially is anything but ridiculous and out of bounds (and would say that his action is one that the Rays, whether just Price or others I have no idea, own on their own). I haven't heard a case why not, either, it is worth noting. Maddon's comments about it, and even the team's mascot getting in on the act, speak to my larger point.

Lot of great stuff in tampa---they should be better than they were Friday, and have been on this stuff.

Comment

What was petty was Workman headhunting on Longoria & Carp going in spikes knee high on a force play at second. Price was policing the game, as all old-timers say is how the game should be dealt with.

Comment

Can't wait until the next Sox/Rays game. Need some Ryan Rupe dodging Trot Nixon's bat or Coco Crisp artfully dodging James Shields' haymaker.

I heart Jason Collette but boy do I hate the Rays.
                    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

I hate the Rays too.....f'n unwatchable dumpster fire of a team.

Comment

Is Odorizzi even rosterable at this point?

I have him on my bench and was thinking about rotating him in tonight against the Cardinals....then I'm like, you must be kidding yourself!

Comment

Cardinals don't hit well and Odorizzi gets his strikeouts. He's just a 5 and dive guy

Comment

Dave Martinez has been eliminated as a finalist for the open managerial job???

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Dave Martinez has been eliminated as a finalist for the open managerial job???
                              I think the fact that they had him in house for 7 years and still did not even put him on the final list? Speaks volumes IYAM

Comment

Jake McGee had arthroscopic surgery on his pitching elbow last week and will almost assuredly begin the season on the DL.

Comment

Working...
                                X