No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rays are set to announce a deal for a new stadium in St. Petersburg. Supposedly it will be another fixed roof (boo!) so more artificial turf. The capacity is supposed to be only about 30,000. I'm glad to hear that this is finally getting resolved. And supposedly a new bridge is being built across the bay to make it easier to get to the stadium from the east bay. So now Manfred will ramp up for expansion?

Comment

• The Rays are calling up 20-year-old SS prospect Junior Caminero from Double-A Montgomery on Friday.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rays place Luke Raley on the 10-day IL, retroactive to September 21, with a cervical strain.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brandon Lowe will miss 4-6 weeks with a right kneecap fracture. He fouled a ball off the knee on Thursday.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rays placed Jason Adam on the 15-day IL with a left oblique strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yandy Diaz returned from being hurt yesterday and went 2-2. He now is hitting .330, 1 point behind the leader, Corey Seager. It will be a dogfight for the AL batting crown.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Yandy Diaz returned from being hurt yesterday and went 2-2. He now is hitting .330, 1 point behind the leader, Corey Seager. It will be a dogfight for the AL batting crown.
                And Yandy did win the AL batting title, .330 to Seager's .327. Who could have predicted that before the season? This is his first full season hitting over .300.

Comment

• Rays SS Wander Franco is back on the 40-man roster in a procedural move.

His legal status and potential return to playing remains unchanged and uncertain. The 22-year-old shortstop still is under investigation by Major League Baseball following allegations of inappropriate relationships with minors, with the potential for a suspension. He is also being investigated by authorities in his native Dominican Republic, and there have been no updates on the investigations. Franco had been on administrative leave since August 22nd. But administrative leave is a non-disciplinary status used when accusations against a player are made public before MLB completes an investigation, but it’s only used during the season, so Wednesday’s end of the World Series required Franco to be placed back on the roster.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is there any real chance of clarity with Wander Franco before camps open?

How long a suspension is likely assuming MLB finds substance to the allegations?
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Is there any real chance of clarity with Wander Franco before camps open?

How long a suspension is likely assuming MLB finds substance to the allegations?
                      One would hope they come to some closure on this sooner rather than later. No doubt time served will be part of the suspension and I would expect there to be additional time levied depending on what they uncover. I'm not sure he's mentally tough enough to handle what is going to be a miserable crowd experience given he had issues in recent years controlling his emotions around errors or perceived slights within the game.

Comment

• This doesn't sound good at all:

Jose Dicen of the Listin Diario reports that authorities in the Dominican Republic raided two homes on Tuesday in an effort to find Wander Franco. He was not found during the raids.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          This doesn't sound good at all:

Jose Dicen of the Listin Diario reports that authorities in the Dominican Republic raided two homes on Tuesday in an effort to find Wander Franco. He was not found during the raids.
                          Dominican-based MLB reporter Hector Gomez posted on X (formerly Twitter) on Tuesday: "New evidence has been found in the case of Wander Franco that further implicates him in the accusations that have been made against him of alleged relationships with minors."

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hope the kid turns himself in and doesn't do anything crazy.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wander Franco has been summoned by Dominican police to appear for questioning Thursday morning.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Wander Franco has been summoned by Dominican police to appear for questioning Thursday morning.
                                And he was a no show.....

Comment

Working...
                                X