No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odds on Sergio Romo getting dealt? And his potential successor?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Odds on Sergio Romo getting dealt? And his potential successor?
      Jason has suggest before that it is likely, and has recommended Castillo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Jason has suggest before that it is likely, and has recommended Castillo.

Romo being dealt is a near certainty. Long term, the new closer would likely be Castillo, but he is struggling to command his pitches right now. Once Romo is dealt, anyone could have the job depending on the matchup. Honestly, the best guy out of the pen these days is Hunter Wood

Comment

• The Archer rumors are really heating up, with the Padres reportedly offering Francisco Mejia for him. Braves and Diamondbacks might also be involved. Any of the three would be a terrific move for Archer's value, getting him the hell away from NYY and BOS.

Jason...you think this might really happen this time?

Comment

• Tyler Glasnow is looking like he may finally be turning the corner after needing just 79 pitches to get through 7 innings yesterday while giving up just 1 R, 2 H, & 1 BB, along with 6 K's. Losing a pitchers duel to Corey Kluber and the Indians is nothing to be ashamed of for the young Glasnow.

It's starting to look like the Rays may have fleeced the Pirates in the Chris Archer trade as Austin Meadows is also tearing up AAA with a recent 3 HR game. Meanwhile Archer continues to struggle.
            Last edited by madducks; 09-01-2018, 01:36 PM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Glasnow has looked terrific. Rays let him use his fastball up and down, vs Pirates who prefer to work fastball in lower half

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Glasnow has looked terrific. Rays let him use his fastball up and down, vs Pirates who prefer to work fastball in lower half
                Where is Austin Meadows?

Comment

Where is Austin Meadows?
                  The Durham Bulls are in the AAA playoffs. I assume Meadows will be up once their post-season ends.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    The Durham Bulls are in the AAA playoffs. I assume Meadows will be up once their post-season ends.
                    Doh, that could mean he's stuck there until Sept 18.

Comment

Where is Austin Meadows?
                      He was hit on the hand last Wednesday and hasn't played since.

Comment

• Glasnow last night reminded everyone why the Pirates gave up on him with 7er allowed in just 0.2 ip. As a result, his season era climbed by almost 2 runs! His potential is tantalizing, but i guess he still has a lot to work on.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• glancing thru the standings I had to do a double take today - Tampa is now 15 games above .500; at 80-65, with that record they'd be tied for first in the NL West.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Snell has a good shot to be the first to 20 wins, though he's not real close to the top in fWAR.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• How each AL CY Candidate has pitched against teams over .500 thru 9/13. I had no idea Sale had faced such a soft schedule this year. Snell is beasting down the stretch, and I think he's going to Porcello his way into the CY this year. Looking forward to someone's girlfriend mimicking Kate Upton's infamous tweet

Comment

• Tonite Snell became the 1st 20 game winner in MLB. He's the 2nd Rays pitcher to win 20 (1st was David Price). He'll have at least 1 chance, maybe 2, to set a new club record in wins. He most certainly will set the club record for ERA, as Price holds that record now w 2.56 in 2012 and Snell's now is 1.97. Snell has to be the favorite for CYA and would be the 2nd Ray to win it (1st was Price in 2012). Oh yeah, he also has 200 Ks now.

Comment

Working...
                                X