No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Banda needs TJ surgery and will be sidelined into the 2020 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Anthony Banda needs TJ surgery and will be sidelined into the 2020 season.
      Ouch. Something about 2020 sounds like an eternity.

Also how many Rays pitchers is that w/ TJ in the last few months? Banda, Honeywell, De Leon. Wow.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        His first start will be Kershaw-like awesome. Then he'll drop two or three disasters on owners foolish enough to pick him up. Then he'll settle into mid to low 4s ERA and 1.3ish WHIP and decent strikeout numbers but almost no wins because of his pitch count limitation combined with the Rays offense.
        Well, his second go was poor from an ERA perspective (4 ER in 5 IP), but still pretty strong from a WHIP perspective (4 H, 1 BB) against a tough opponent in the Nationals. Surrendered a big HR to Adams and a triple to Difo. We'll see how the next one goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Well, his second go was poor from an ERA perspective (4 ER in 5 IP), but still pretty strong from a WHIP perspective (4 H, 1 BB) against a tough opponent in the Nationals. Surrendered a big HR to Adams and a triple to Difo. We'll see how the next one goes.
          Not bad - much better than I thought.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Not bad - much better than I thought.
            Yeah, I'm still holding. He'll be on my bench this week against the Yanks in the Bronx, though.

Comment

• Kiermaier supposed to return this week. Maybe as soon as Tuesday. I am guessing that Mallex will be the odd man out.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Kiermaier supposed to return this week. Maybe as soon as Tuesday. I am guessing that Mallex will be the odd man out.
                I’ll go with Johnny Field, then Carlos Gomez. I think Mallex is third of 3. Not that Mallex is any great shakes, and they probably should toss him overboard too.

Comment

• I dont love Mallex but why hang onto a clearly washed up Gomez and his .192 batting average?
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I dont love Mallex but why hang onto a clearly washed up Gomez and his .192 batting average?
                    Trade bait, nothing more. If he gets hot and raises his average, they can move him for some low level prospect.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Gomez is a clubhouse guy and is helping quite a bit with the younger Hispanic pitchers. Plus, he's still a plus defender out there.

They also don't have a good replacement in Triple-A at the moment who they feel is ready or healthy (McCarthy)

Comment

• Eovaldi with a very nice outing against the Nationals today, following up on Snell's great start yesterday and their surprising weekend sweep of the Yanks. Against the Nationals, Snell and Eovaldi combined for 13 IP, 0 ER, 19 K, 6 BB and only 2 H.

Comment

• Eovaldi has been on a fantastic run of late. The problem has been Cash leaving him in too long so that they can rest the bullpen for these Jonny Bullpen outings. Historically, Eovaldi has a horrendous TTOP (times through the order penalty): Case in point - the previous two outings before yesterday:

6/13 vs NYY: 7.1 IP, 5 ER: Thru 7, Eovaldi had allowed 2 runs and had faced 27 batters. The data screamed pull him out, but Cash left him in there for the 8th. Groundout, single, single, intentional walk, (Eovaldi pulled) and Sanchez clears the bases with a double.

6/20 vs HOU: 18 batters faced thru 5 with only a solo HR to Altuve. Left out there to begin the 6th and face everyone a third time. Next 3 batters hit solo homers before he retired the next 3 hitters.

He's had 6 earned runs added on to him in 1.1 innings of work he never should have pitched. If we chop that from his final line, he has a 2.65 ERA on the season, rather than the 4.08 one must wear now due to being a goo soldier and trying to soak up some pitches so the highly taxed pen could get some rest.

Comment

• next pitcher up for Rays should be Colin Poche: 41.1 IP, 18 H, 9 BB, 78 K's

Great lefty with deception, nice fastball extension who hides the ball very well and batters have a tough time picking him up. He would fit great into the Jonny Bullpen games

Comment

• Jason, do you think Brandon Lowe or Nick Solak will be up anytime soon? I assume they wouldn't leapfrog Solak over Lowe, they're both doing well and Lowe is a level higher, but do you think they actually like Robertson/Wendle enough to keep those guys in the minors if they can't trade one of their major league 2Bs?
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                Jason, do you think Brandon Lowe or Nick Solak will be up anytime soon? I assume they wouldn't leapfrog Solak over Lowe, they're both doing well and Lowe is a level higher, but do you think they actually like Robertson/Wendle enough to keep those guys in the minors if they can't trade one of their major league 2Bs?
                                Sorry - just saw this. They really do like Robertson and Wendle, but the fact they're moving both around the diamond shows neither is anchored to their position. They do like both Lowe & Solak long-term.

Unrelated, some notes on Eovaldi here https://t.co/zczKrXIo02

Comment

Working...
                                X