No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the crystal ball say about Mallex Smith's fantasy value next year? I have him at $4 in an AL league and am wondering if his value is peaking now with KK out, or if he'll likely get regular ABs next year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
      Alex Cobb is goooood
      Alex Cobb is mediooooooocre.....
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        What does the crystal ball say about Mallex Smith's fantasy value next year? I have him at $4 in an AL league and am wondering if his value is peaking now with KK out, or if he'll likely get regular ABs next year too.
        He's a reserve guy next year, but the speed alone will help him earn that $4 in an AL format. The problem is there are 2 other LH OF bats in front of him, but Kiermaier has missed chunks of time in each of the past two seasons so a path to 250-300 PA isn't impossible.

Comment

• uh oh:

Brent Honeywell cut a bullpen session short Thursday in Rays camp and left the field with a trainer.
          Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times says the 22-year-old top pitching prospect was "clearly upset" as he made his way into the clubhouse and "cursed loudly a few times." We could be dealing with some awful news here shortly. Honeywell was in line to make his major league debut in early 2018 after registering a 3.49 ERA and 172/35 K/BB ratio in 136 2/3 innings last season between Double-A Montgomery and Triple-A Durham.
          Source: Marc Topkin on TwitterFeb 22 - 11:29 AM

Comment

• very reminiscent of 2015 Alex Cobb situation. Honeywell was never coming up before June this year, but we'll know soon if he pitches at all

Comment

• So, no Honeywell. How does the rotation stack up in case of another injury? Is Jose DeLeon worth a longer look?

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                So, no Honeywell. How does the rotation stack up in case of another injury? Is Jose DeLeon worth a longer look?

J
                Roster Resource says the new guy Banda is ahead of deleon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  Roster Resource says the new guy Banda is ahead of deleon.
                  This is correct. I'm not sure DeLeon will be a starter for the club and will instead get into a Betances role here eventually. He's all but certain to go to Durham and pitch out of the pen because he needs reps after missing so much time last year.

Comment

• Nate Eovaldi needs arthroscopic elbow surgery. Rotowire speculating he could miss the entire 2018 season.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Nate Eovaldi needs arthroscopic elbow surgery. Rotowire speculating he could miss the entire 2018 season.
                      Jeez. I can't remember a team losing 3 starters for the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        It is brutal. Tampa and San Fran seem snake bit this year.

I know, small sample size, other factors, etc, but over the years, it does strike me that being very cautious with developing young arms does not seem to keep them from falling apart. I think of how careful the Dodgers were with Urias, and how Tampa seems to really methodically bring pitchers along. It doesn't seem to amount to a lower rate of injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          I read elsewhere that he should be back, maybe mid-season. Not as significant as TJ.

Comment

• Remember when Archer was good.

Comment

• Comment

• Kevin Kiermaier expected to miss "a good chunk of time." Who's next man up? Refsnyder? Robertson? A ML call-up?

Comment

Working...
                                X