• Show
Clear All

• Rays DFA Nick Franklin.

Comment

• Thoughts on Pruitt for 2017?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Thoughts on Pruitt for 2017?
        Don't get attached to him. He has options so he'll be traveling back and forth as needed because the rest of the pen is without options

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
          I'm trying to make sense out of the Rays OF situation. They have:

Kiermaier - full time in CF
          Souza - RF and DH?
          Dickerson - RF and DH?
          Rasmus - LF but injured
          Mallex Smith - LF or AAA or bench?
          Bourjos - LF and bench? platoon?

Why go out and get Bourjos when you have Mallex Smith and are not contending this year? What's the playing time going to shake out like? Does Rasmus have anything positive fantasy-wise left in the tank?
          Dickerson and Rasmus have to sit vs LH. How Smith does vs LH is TBD, but Bourjos is also needed for CF insurance for Kiermaier.

Comment

• What's timeframe for Casey Gillespie? Sure doesn't seem like there's much in front of him at 1B
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              What's timeframe for Casey Gillespie? Sure doesn't seem like there's much in front of him at 1B
              next summer is most likely. Nobody bakes their prospects slower than TB

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                next summer is most likely. Nobody bakes their prospects slower than TB
                Thx. I passed on him for this year and was wondering if I missed.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• The thing I hate most about roto is when your pitcher is getting killed...a pitcher who is decent...and the manager leaves him in there for NINE earned runs. Can anyone tell me what alex cobb did to deserve this extended beating...

Comment

• bullpen has been taxed. Schedule has been stupid as the Rays had played 36 games in 38 days before today's day off. This road trip involved nearly 6000 miles of travel while they played 3 in Minneapolis, 3 in Texas, and then flew all the way out to Seattle for 3 games. Why the schedule makers couldn't loop this in to a series with either Oakland or the Angels is beyond me.

Comment

• Hey Moonlight J, figured this would be the easiest way to get your attention since your PMs haven't been cleared out in approximately 15 years

I'll be in Charlotte the night of the 29th - care to take in a Knights game?

Comment

• Yea, I get back from a work conference on the 28th so I will be in town

Comment

• Kevin Kiermaier out 2+ months with a broken hip (ouch!) and Mallex Smith now steps in as the Rays starting CFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Kevin Kiermaier out 2+ months with a broken hip (ouch!) and Mallex Smith now steps in as the Rays starting CFer.
                            Wow. What the hell was he doing sliding feet first into first base?

Cespedes (DL), Eaton (DL), KK (DL), Maybin (DL), Polanco (just back from DL)... that's my starting 5 from my NFBC league.

Comment

• Mallex Smith is running wild! After stealing 11 bases in his previous 11 games in AAA, he gets promoted to Tampa and steals 3 in his first game back!

With Kiermaier out for 3 months the CF job belongs to Mallex for now.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And another steal last night. And let's not forget the three he stole in April in very limited playing time. This kid could conceivably steal 30+ in half a season if KK stays out and he seizes the job.
                                Last edited by Msaint; 06-11-2017, 11:25 AM.
                                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                                UTIL- Benintendi
                                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                                IL: Buxton

Comment

Working...
                                X