No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if Moore had done poorly today, he may have been the guy. Andriese gives them length in the pen, which is something they desperately need. Despite an 8-man pen, Cash only trusts Colome, Erasmo, and Cedeno to get outs and he's used Erasmo like a rented mule. Now, they can let Andriese soak up the 2-inning outings and let Erasmo do the high leverage setup to get the ball to Colome.

Comment

• Wow, what an awful loss today.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Wow, what an awful loss today.
        Their misuse of Erasmo has really caught up with them. Talk about a complete inability to hit your spots.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          Their misuse of Erasmo has really caught up with them. Talk about a complete inability to hit your spots.
          He was ugly. Bases loaded, all he needed was to throw a strike down the middle, and he was so far off the plate is was unreal. And Odorizzi gets handed yet another ND.

Comment

• What are the chances we see Jacob Faria called up as a starter in the second half?

Comment

• Is there a chance boxcutter takes back the closing duties upon activation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                Is there a chance boxcutter takes back the closing duties upon activation ?
                Less than zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Less than zero.
                  Oh, I don't think that's true at all...Cash said the 1st time he was due back that he would be eased back in as closer. I'm not sure that anything is different this time, other than the health issues Box has had. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but managers do things all the time that we don't agree with.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• MJ, does Archer look different since the break or is he just getting luckier? For July-August he has numbers comparable to his career numbers before this year (3.18 ERA, 1.01 WHIP, 10 K/9).
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Fastball command is better, which helps his slider look better. I'm going to look at it more this weekend for an article on my Rays blog

Comment

• Rays to release former phenom Desmond Jennings tomorrow.

Comment

• Looking at roster resource for 2017, they have Cory Dickerson in the lead off position! Is it possible he spends much time there? His on base in 2016 was a paltry .293 though as high as .364 in 2014. He doesn't have a high walk rate either.

Also, with Duffy hitting the dl to begin the season, young (23 years old) prospect Danny Robertson is listed as a bench player, with a good walk rate and decent doubles power in the past, is there any chance he backs his way into 300 at bats? For reference, Robertson has spent time on the dl the past two seasons but in his last full season, 2014, he walked almost as much as he stroke out 72:94 and lead his league in doubles with 37 (and hit 15 hr).

Comment

• I'm trying to make sense out of the Rays OF situation. They have:

Kiermaier - full time in CF
                            Souza - RF and DH?
                            Dickerson - RF and DH?
                            Rasmus - LF but injured
                            Mallex Smith - LF or AAA or bench?
                            Bourjos - LF and bench? platoon?

Why go out and get Bourjos when you have Mallex Smith and are not contending this year? What's the playing time going to shake out like? Does Rasmus have anything positive fantasy-wise left in the tank?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                              I'm trying to make sense out of the Rays OF situation. They have:

Kiermaier - full time in CF
                              Souza - RF and DH?
                              Dickerson - RF and DH?
                              Rasmus - LF but injured
                              Mallex Smith - LF or AAA or bench?
                              Bourjos - LF and bench? platoon?

Why go out and get Bourjos when you have Mallex Smith and are not contending this year? What's the playing time going to shake out like? Does Rasmus have anything positive fantasy-wise left in the tank?
                              Isn't Bourjos on a minor league deal? I don't think the Rays gave up anything of significance for him.

Comment

• Once Rasmus is healthy, it's Souza in RF, Kiermaier in CF, and Rasmus in LF, and Dickerson at DH for the starting list. The fifth OF...dunno. I think Mallex will get some ABs while Rasmus is out, but from what I've seen in ST, I think he'd be better in AAA getting ABs and having TB keep Bourjos up as a defensive replacement/occasional fill-in.

Hey, Jason - what's the rotation for the Rays?
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X