No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great time to have had Hanley Ramirez and Rusney Castillo in my lineup!

Comment

• When would you guess is the very earliest we'd see Moncada called up?
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
      IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
        When would you guess is the very earliest we'd see Moncada called up?
        September call-up 2016 is extremely aggressive. Realistically, after the super 2 deadline in 2017?

Comment

• Red Sox hire Dave Dombrowski and can Ben Cherington. I guess the strategy of 5 #4 starters cost Cherington his job.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Red Sox hire Dave Dombrowski and can Ben Cherington. I guess the strategy of 5 #4 starters cost Cherington his job.
            Big shocker. Of course everyone here in Boston was calling them 5 #3 starters with the hopes that one of them would step up. The reality was that they were barely #5 starters, with the possible exception of Buchholz who got hurt before he could suck. The delusion in Boston was strong in March.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Red Sox hire Dave Dombrowski and can Ben Cherington. I guess the strategy of 5 #4 starters cost Cherington his job.
              Actually, it looks like Cherington was not fired but he will step down after the season. He was asked to stay but decided not to.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Actually, it looks like Cherington was not fired but he will step down after the season. He was asked to stay but decided not to.
                Well, he was demoted and asked to stay in a lesser position. Looks like Frank Wren will be the new GM.

Comment

• 08.25: Hanley Ramirez acknowledged to reporters Tuesday that he is moving to first base next year. (The first directive from new Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski, perhaps? Hanley was spotted taking grounders and making throws on Tuesday afternoon in Chicago and said after the workout that he could begin seeing starts at first base down the stretch this season. "I'm looking forward to it," said Hanley, who has been a disaster in left field. Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr., and Rusney Castillo make up the outfield of the future in Boston.)
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    08.25: Hanley Ramirez acknowledged to reporters Tuesday that he is moving to first base next year. (The first directive from new Red Sox president Dave Dombrowski, perhaps? Hanley was spotted taking grounders and making throws on Tuesday afternoon in Chicago and said after the workout that he could begin seeing starts at first base down the stretch this season. "I'm looking forward to it," said Hanley, who has been a disaster in left field. Mookie Betts, Jackie Bradley Jr., and Rusney Castillo make up the outfield of the future in Boston.)
                    Thanks for posting that. I have Rusney and have been wondering what the OF alignment might be for next year.

Comment

• Eduardo Rodriguez will begin the season on the DL and may not pitch until late April/early May.

Comment

• Panda still fat. Hanley taking well to 1B. Carson Smith with the dreaded forearm tightness. AL East bullpens are getting slaughtered.

Comment

• Brock Holt, and not Rusney Castillo, will open as Boston's primary LFer vs. RHPs.

Comment

Brock Holt, and not Rusney Castillo, will open as Boston's primary LFer vs. RHPs.
                            Amazing. Castillo can't even beat out a utility player who didn't even slug .390 last year.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Boston manager just announced over weight heavy P is now a $72,000,000 bench player.

Go travis shaw...or is it sam travis...or sam shaw...or...whatever, nice to see a baseball decision override a money decision.

Comment

• Sandoval & Castillo are now $29M of bench players in 2016. Good job...good effort

Comment

Working...
                                X